Author Topic: Carb and electrical question  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Josh705

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Carb and electrical question
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:03:58 pm »
I have a 14hp single, on the bottom of the carb there is a seloniod and it has a electrical hook up. What is it? I am guessing its a shut off for the fuel because when its not hooked up gas can go though and flood REALLY bad, one time I took the intake off and about a pint or so of gas came out of the intake port. On the wiring diagrams it doesn't say how it is hooked up. I was thinking of just putting a shutoff in the gas line to take care of the problem?

And also with the wires from the alternator can I just run the wire right to the battery or do I have to go though the main key switch? On the wiring schematic there is a diode and then it goes to the key switch. (After looking it up it says they are basically a eclectic check valve?)  My question is do I need that or can I just run a wire directly to the battery?

:stickdance:
Josh Bensel
JmB Racing
S/S #705

Offline amcchevy1

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Carb and electrical question
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 10:09:10 pm »
this ? has been aasked about 4 times in the last month, but we will say it again. it is a fuel shutoff solenoid. it requires a 12 volt switched feed. either run a switched wire to it, pull it off and replace it with one from a non shutoff unit, or pull it off and cut the plunger off and put it back on. any more questions, read the other posts.
2007, 2008 amra member.  modified flathead
2008-2010 arma member.  sportsman
If you build it, it should fly.
take it out and let it eat...
www.GoLawnMowerRacing.com
www.alleghanymowerracingassociation.com