Author Topic: Tach  (Read 6036 times)

Wheelhorseracer

Tach
« on: April 23, 2008, 08:49:35 pm »
Anyone know of a tach that will work on an opposed Twin Magnum 18 hp?

Offline amr5080

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Tach
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:22:57 pm »
I got one like this for my brothers opposed twin. It works great, and says it works for all 2 cylinders.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300214416420&_trksid=p3984.cWON.m313.lVI
Aaron Rupert
Rupert Racing
Pro-x #14
Burris Racing Tires
"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and farming the most certain."
Lord Amherst

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:31:04 am »
The only problem with that tach is there is no max rpm recall feature.  You won't be watching it on the track.  If you do try to watch it, you will wreck and be slow.

Save up some cash and buy a Digatron.  By far the best out there.  Not sure what one you would need for a twin, but their customer service is awesome and they will be able to help.

I personally have 2 DT46TEC on both my singles and love them.  They have RPM, CHT, and EGT with max recall on all three functions.  Makes tuning my engine a breeze!

Paul

Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:56:44 am »
AND tell em I sent ya when ya call. I been sponsored by them for 4 years now and they will do you right...
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Wheelhorseracer

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:43:21 am »
So the digatron has a bunch of recall features? What other features are in the digatron

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 08:39:57 am »
It really depends on which one you get.  Some are downloadable to your pc.  I don't use it , but I know that George does.  The one I have can do lap times if you have the beacon and reciever.  I don't have that on mine becasue Kerry Evans does all the timing for the national US races and we get that info anyways.  I can see where it would be beneficial for a "test and tune" but I've gotten along good with just the max recall features.

Check e-bay.  Sometimes there are older units that kart guys are getting rid of.  Some sell rather reasonable, and Digatron will still service them!

Later
Paul

Paul Krueger

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Wheelhorseracer

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 10:19:22 am »
Thanks for the input.. I really want to learn this year.. so getting moy gear ratios and other variables set this year I think will help in the future..

Since i won my drag racing Championship I have been very sticky about keeping notes.. they are worth their weight in gold with you are looking for a set-up and your very far off track with your adjutments... you at least have something to go back to for a basic set-up that you know works...

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 06:54:54 pm »
Your dead on!  I have a note book and I write down everything after each race.  Gears, tranny, engine, RPM's, CHT, EGT, ect.

A good tach will only help you with this.   You sound serious.  So stay away from those cheep dial tachs, those only "look cool" and have no real function.  Go with a digatron, you just need to decide how many functions and features you want.

Paul

Paul Krueger

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Wheelhorseracer

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 09:15:06 pm »
Ya... my tractor is set-up with adjustable wedge ( using washer on the front spindles) and will keep serious tractor of air pressure..

But I would love to have EGT and max rpm... Play back would be nice to seem if my seat of the pants feel is really what is happening.. and playback is the only way to see for sure...