Author Topic: Pic of my mower!  (Read 7478 times)

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
Pic of my mower!
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:37:36 pm »
:D I think I finally figured this crap out. computers have got the best of me! Well here is a pic of my mower, let me know what you think and maybe what class it fits in, and any advice would be appreciated.

heres one at the track.
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2
IF IT IS DIFFICULT... We can do it!!!
IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE... It just takes us longer!!!!

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
Pic of my mower!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:34:21 pm »
Well any body got any bad news? I will take all critizism (how ever you spell that)
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2

Offline mowcephus

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Pic of my mower!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:49:47 pm »
I think you need to bring that mower on up to Sparta NC the 27th and race with us.  Give some details on it.
Chris

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
Pic of my mower!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 09:57:22 pm »
I don't know about coming to sparta I saw those pics of those mowers they are way out of my league, ya'll do some serious modifying LOL. My mower used to be a lawncheif 90 something model, 15hp ohv briggs, pretty much stock, have changed pulleys, and alot of other things to many to list LOL :twisted:
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Pic of my mower!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 11:25:50 pm »
It's tuff to "classify it" with out a thorough tech or look over, but...as far as USLMRA rules...

"From the pic" it looks near "stock height and width" so close to an IMOW specs...With a governed engine and a 9:1 ratio...and if you added a mower like deck to it... you would be close...

But with the description of OHV engine... that takes you out of the running (Flatheads required)...

As you can see, you almost need to get a copy of the "rules" (any organization) and build to the rules to fit a particular class..

Often the "too many things to list"... list, will disqualify you somewhere along the line...and adjustments may need to be made...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline mowcephus

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Pic of my mower!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 06:45:33 am »
As far as running with us all you'd have to do is put a simulated deck on it.  You would run in our small OHV class.
Chris

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
Pic of my mower!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 10:32:29 pm »
I  would like to come up and run with ya'll sometime but I think thats the weekend of our next race and due to time I dont think I could get a mower deck on there that soon seeing how I don't have one laying around right now but I will be looking to put one on and check ya'll out later on. When is your next race? Where can I get a copy of your rules? :?:
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
Pic of my mower!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 10:37:49 pm »
oh yea squidd I appreciate your input and will be looking towards building a mower to US specs later on, right now I don't know of any uslmra sanctioned clubs in this area NC or SC thats within driving distance (reasonable) I got a copy of the uslmra rules but they are a little vague I am sure there is a lot of stuff that a build clinic would clear up, but with a little time and $$$ I will get there eventually. :P
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2

anything