Author Topic: light wieght fly wheel?  (Read 6279 times)

Offline Robert Sparbel

• Turf Warrior
  • I'm going fast!
    • View Profile
Re: light wieght fly wheel?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 08:55:51 am »
so how much power where they pushing?

How much power is a loaded question... I guess the only good anwser would be - enought to get the job done and then some! Don't forget you need a well put together chassis, remember you can have all the power in the world but if you can't get that power to the ground you are nowhere!

I ran all season on a 31 flattie I got from Don that would pin your ears back! It all depends on how much go you want or need. I have hit 6,000 RPM's on mine lots of times...and she took it and kept on cooking. Same motor next year just different chassis. I know this the OHV section, but I was just emphasizing what Don can do to a motor.

My team mate and I ran all season on our 28's in our FX's and did very well both at local and national levels (many 1st - 3rd place trophies for each of us) in a class that is predominantly OHV's. I can tell you that both of us were pushing more that 6000rpm at every race we went to with no issues...

I also run a G-Team Intech in my BP which I am also very happy with! First time that motor ever saw the track I ran the whole feature right behind Jason and Jim Mikula and finished 3rd place at a national event.

Don builds good motors for all classes, keep the oil changed and gas in them and your good to go!

Now we are way off track with this thread! Point is yes a light flywheel will drastically impove your performance... ARC is the only way to go! DON'T lighten a factory cast wheel!

Contact Don for more details on his deals on wheels  :D
Robert Sparbel MNLMRA LCP
#938 FX & BP
R&T Racing Hudson WI
2006 WILMRA Rookie of the Year
Owner of St Croix Chassis
2007 2nd in WI FX points 13th in national FX points
2008 1st in WI BP points 13th in national BP points
2009 1st in BP and FX points WI & MN
2009 11th in BP national points and 9th in FX national points
2010 3rd Place in National IMOW points
2010 4th Place in National BP points
2010 4th Place in National FX points
www.randtracing.webs.com
www.stcroixchassis.webs.com

Offline mowerman90

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 03:27:01 pm »

How much power is a loaded question... I guess the only good anwser would be - enought to get the job done and then some! Don't forget you need a well put together chassis, remember you can have all the power in the world but if you can't get that power to the ground you are nowhere!

My team mate and I ran all season on our 28's in our FX's and did very well both at local and national levels (many 1st - 3rd place trophies for each of us) in a class that is predominantly OHV's. I can tell you that both of us were pushing more that 6000rpm at every race we went to with no issues...

I also run a G-Team Intech in my BP which I am also very happy with! First time that motor ever saw the track I ran the whole feature right behind Jason and Jim Mikula and finished 3rd place at a national event.

Don builds good motors for all classes, keep the oil changed and gas in them and your good to go!

Now we are way off track with this thread! Point is yes a light flywheel will drastically impove your performance... ARC is the only way to go! DON'T lighten a factory cast wheel!

Contact Don for more details on his deals on wheels  :D

yes the chassis is the most important parts and steering. i am not done with my chassis yet but i have done my direct steering.

Offline stubbysteve

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 04:53:04 pm »
yes the chassis is the most important parts and steering. i am not done with my chassis yet but i have done my direct steering.
[/quot

that to me is a ver good start, but have you renforced your frame? that is mostly the first step, but if you are like me, i had to start with what i had at the time. i also started with the steering. now i am going to renforce the frame. good start any way, remember to use the heims instead of the stock ball joints! words to live by.
" I want to be a player on the field, not just a "bench warmer" for the rest of my life"...

Offline mowerman90

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 05:16:41 pm »
[/quot

that to me is a ver good start, but have you renforced your frame? that is mostly the first step, but if you are like me, i had to start with what i had at the time. i also started with the steering. now i am going to renforce the frame. good start any way, remember to use the heims instead of the stock ball joints! words to live by.
Yes definatly i have boxed the frame i have a bounch of tools welders and stuff like that. i have found its alot of trial and error.