Author Topic: AMRA MAKES TV!!!!!!!  (Read 21473 times)

Offline crazyfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: AMRA MAKES TV!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 08:24:30 pm »
mine is strecthed on the front and it looks like a regular lawn mower.....it is a craftsman
$Lead Follow or get the heck out of my WAY$
$Take it to the BANK$
thanks to....
Sprint Kart Enterprise "SKE"
Real Racing Wheels
www.realwheel.net
Performance Karting
www.perkart.com
Ben's Paint and Body
YourWay

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 09:08:34 pm »
some of those "modified" mowers do sit real low to the ground. i saw one this year going through the pits and hit a small bump and twisted his pulleys backwards. there too some of those welded wheel combos do put way more stress on the axles, and the welds or axles break. i think you saw that in the video. NOR66 is one of the few in his class to be ARMA LEGAL. a good looking mower it is too. HE'S MY HERO, I'M GONNA BIULD ONE LIKE HIM, except without the motorcycle brake setup.  :P

But for the most part, most of the mowers, run strong and finish the race, the biggest problem with the wheels and axles coming out is mainly because of the way they are held on inside the transaxle, only a little snap ring on the inside that keeps it from coming out, with the extreme pressures of racing those little snap rings break and it soon becomes a 3 wheeler  :woo:

As far as me being your HERO....... Your expectations aren't to high are they????? :lmfao:
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2
IF IT IS DIFFICULT... We can do it!!!
IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE... It just takes us longer!!!!

Offline amcchevy1

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 09:20:10 pm »
hey, you have a well built machine and its keeps on racing, so its reliable, i just need to quit asking for more than my engine will give. you need to race at cyclone, the ellerbe racers and all the crouchs were there last saturday.
2007, 2008 amra member.  modified flathead
2008-2010 arma member.  sportsman
If you build it, it should fly.
take it out and let it eat...
www.GoLawnMowerRacing.com
www.alleghanymowerracingassociation.com

Offline crazyfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 09:34:07 pm »
But for the most part, most of the mowers, run strong and finish the race, the biggest problem with the wheels and axles coming out is mainly because of the way they are held on inside the transaxle, only a little snap ring on the inside that keeps it from coming out, with the extreme pressures of racing those little snap rings break and it soon becomes a 3 wheeler  :woo:

As far as me being your HERO....... Your expectations aren't to high are they????? :lmfao:

me and you know about how crazy 3 wheeling is...lol
$Take it to the BANK$
thanks to....
Real Racing Wheels
www.realwheel.net
Performance Karting
www.perkart.com
Ben's Paint and Body
YourWay

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 09:39:20 pm »
me and you know about how crazy 3 wheeling is...lol
There is only a few in the 3 wheel club, I think I was the founding member :rofl:
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2

Offline hobo3128640

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 10:57:48 pm »
ive done alot of 3 wheeling this season but my axles always brake in half. i think ive fixed them from coming out of the housings i drill a hole at the end of the axle that in the rearend and put a washer and then a cotter pin threw it. so far they aint come out yet.
Bobby hamm

Offline crazyfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 11:19:02 pm »
There is only a few in the 3 wheel club, I think I was the founding member :rofl:
no ur were the second member i was the first....first race of the season with one to go...looked down and no tire...lol
$Take it to the BANK$
thanks to....
Real Racing Wheels
www.realwheel.net
Performance Karting
www.perkart.com
Ben's Paint and Body
YourWay

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 07:22:23 am »
no ur were the second member i was the first....first race of the season with one to go...looked down and no tire...lol

OH YEA!!!!  Thats right you were first!!!!! :pffftt:

ive done alot of 3 wheeling this season but my axles always brake in half. i think ive fixed them from coming out of the housings i drill a hole at the end of the axle that in the rearend and put a washer and then a cotter pin threw it. so far they aint come out yet.

You ought to get one from Gene ( I think that is his name) the guy that does them for the open mowers, he changes the 3/4 axles to 1 inch and makes it a solid axle setup instead of a split axle! We got one for the big twin mower and it is done right!!!!
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 08:56:55 am »
Why go thru all the expense of converting a 3/4 axle to 1 Inch when you can go with a 1-1/4 axle and transmission probably for less expense.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline michael a. formentini

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 09:26:51 am »

If you want to stop those axles from coming out, do as George said. go to a live axle or if you want to stay with the trans-axle you can just weld the end of the axle (snap ring end) to the pin that goes through the spider gears. When I was running trans-axles I was having the same problem, until I started welding the axle.

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 07:05:04 pm »
Why go thru all the expense of converting a 3/4 axle to 1 Inch when you can go with a 1-1/4 axle and transmission probably for less expense.

George, That would prolly be an easier and less expensive fix,I agree, but the way hobo"s chassis is, it is especially modified to be able to turn the 600 upside down,he would prolly have to change the chassis to go to live axle.

If you want to stop those axles from coming out, do as George said. go to a live axle or if you want to stay with the trans-axle you can just weld the end of the axle (snap ring end) to the pin that goes through the spider gears. When I was running trans-axles I was having the same problem, until I started welding the axle.

I don't know how Hobo has got his, but most are just running a thick steel plate on each axle to lock it up, so the spider gear pin you are talking about is gone! This is a 600 tranny a whole differrent beast than the 800 style transaxle.
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2

Offline hobo3128640

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 03:28:45 pm »
I would have to do a lot of modifying to put a live axle in it. Norr66 do you know how much that guy charges to fix one? Didnt you buy that mower with the intek off Billy Cline?
Bobby hamm

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2007, 07:10:24 pm »
I would have to do a lot of modifying to put a live axle in it. Norr66 do you know how much that guy charges to fix one? Didnt you buy that mower with the intek off Billy Cline?
Yes my stepdad bought Billy's mower but I guess I am the driver :woo: We got one of his axles already fixed up and it came with a set of wheels and tires and hubs. I think it was around 300 or 350 not sure exactly My stepdad is the one that bought it!!!
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2

Offline amcchevy1

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:29 pm »
nor, i thought he was offering complete rearends with the 1" axles and setup from wheel to wheel for $500.
2007, 2008 amra member.  modified flathead
2008-2010 arma member.  sportsman
If you build it, it should fly.
take it out and let it eat...
www.GoLawnMowerRacing.com
www.alleghanymowerracingassociation.com

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2007, 09:31:37 am »
nor, i thought he was offering complete rearends with the 1" axles and setup from wheel to wheel for $500.

He might be.  What I was saying that is what we paid for it. I am pretty sure Steve worked a deal with him.
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2