Author Topic: 691 questions  (Read 10639 times)

Offline mowerracer313

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
691 questions
« on: April 03, 2006, 06:48:05 pm »
would a bigger valves help in these motors
or does the stock valves do just fine
also ive heard of some guys bending pushrods and breaking the roller rockers is this a setup problem or just a fluke
just wondering when putting this motor back together
Brian Singsime
Always In Mowtion Racing
Super Sportsman #313

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
691 questions
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 08:53:16 am »
Well bigger valves help the motor breath more in the tvt smaller stems and bigger valves will make a big difference. Breaking stock rockers is a fact of life. Just part of racing. Roller rockers on the other hand are made by only one person Charlie at ASEP. The new ones are relived unlike the old ones. They have broke. I have a set of unrelieved in a back up motor that has 4 years of hard racing and no problems. Pushrods bending well thats a fact of life with any motor. Let the lash get a little loose it try to spit it out but hair lips it bam you bend it. My Thunder Twin by Bertrand Hydraulics has 38 races since I have aquired it with only 3 motor DNF's. One I simply blew it up, the second one of those I broke one of those relieved rockers (it now has the older non relieved on it) the third I broke a push rod. Yea broke. I am having some made professionally now that will solve that issue. I hate the stock ones.  But for the money its one of the best buys out there. 3500 for a turn key thunder twin. Where as most other motors you sink 35 in the motor alone. Plus the motor. Thats for a motor like I run. Steve Bertrand builder of the Thunder Twins can build one to meet the wallet size you have give him a call. 1-800-236-3611
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

anything