Author Topic: 11 and 12 hp  (Read 3143 times)

Offline outlawmower

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
11 and 12 hp
« on: July 20, 2007, 03:33:55 pm »
Well everyone, I am starting my build tomorow and he mower I am picking up has a 8 hp. I plan to build that for now. But after running it a little while I am going to change motors. I havent yet got the parts I needed to do this. i  did not purchase a 11 block or crank because I was not sure if this would work. I want to take a 11 hp 25 cid block and put a 28 cid crank in the 11 block. Will this work? What about the piston? Will this stick out ? if so will I have enough piston to fly cut down?

thanks
PUT YOUR GAME FACE ON!!!

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 11 and 12 hp
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 03:58:55 pm »
Guess it really depends on what class you are going to run.  Sounds like SP.
My first question is why.  Run what everybody else is running.  There is no need to reinvent the wheel.  I'm no engine "expert" but I have never seen or heard a 25 with a 28 crank.  I have heard alot of talk about them here, but never seen one at the track.  You can build a killer motor out of a 28.  Be it a 28, 31, or bigger.  I have a 28 in mine and I took 6th and 3rd at Mendota,  I was ahead of many 31's and I think there were some bigger engines in the field too.
Give George or Don a call, they both can hook you up with something that will smoke a experimental motor and run a long time.  It all really depends on how much money you are willing to spend as to how fast you are going to go.

And seeing that you are 14 I wouldn't recommend a experimental motor.  Sometimes they go BOOM!   
Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline outlawmower

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 04:54:59 pm »
Well i dont run in a very regulated place. Pretty much I run going to run here in lancaster NC at the lancaster speedway with amcchevy1 here on the forum. Pretty much it is a run what you brung. I just wanted to try something new for a change. question for you guys though how do install the brass counter weights on the crank? I have always used the stock counter weights.
PUT YOUR GAME FACE ON!!!

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 10:18:41 pm »
Read the Forum... that question has been answered at least a dozen times! And, if you don't want to take the advice offered, when offered, go find the answers that are already given.

Topic locked!

anything