Author Topic: Hi Ladies  (Read 32454 times)

Offline josh_jenny_06

• View Profile
Hi Ladies
« on: May 31, 2007, 11:12:12 pm »
Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the forum, and also lawnmower racing. I just bought my mower the other day and we're working on it for racing in next year's season.

Just wanted to say hi.

How many ladies are in the sport?

Thanks!

Jenny

Offline rebelchild16

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA
Re: Hi Ladies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 09:20:38 am »
Hey Jenny, I am Jeannie and also a racer, and belong to the Btmra.  What class will you be racing?  Glad to have you in the lawnmower racing community.
Larry n Jeannie
rogersville ala
BTMRA V.P.

There's no blade of grass safe!

Offline tedsgirl83

• View Profile
    • My Other Passion
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 01:52:34 pm »
Hey Jen, This is my official first season racing. I have gone from stock to IMOW. I think you will like it, just don't let the guys intimidate you. Just kidding. Its alot of fun. What class will you be racing in? Intereted in hearing back from you.  ;)
Gail A. #464 SS
Proud Member Of Georgia Lawnmower Racing Association.
Ames Brothers Racing

Offline josh_jenny_06

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 12:23:23 am »

We are going to fix my mower up for S/P. Are either of you going to be at the USLMRA Race in Mendota, IL June 9th/10th?
I'd love to meet some of the female racers.

Offline allen minaker

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • LawnMonkey Racing
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 09:44:08 am »
There will be quit a few different female drivers at Mendota , I know of a few for sure .
My sister also is in her first year of racing and will be at her first NATIONAL race as a racer !!!!!
So make sure you come over and check it out and talk with the other racers , We'll all help you out . just watchout for the boy coodies . LOL
LAWNMONKEY RACING
   FX  236
Vice President WILMRA
www.WILMRA.com
http://lawnmonkeyracing.webs.com/

Offline tedsgirl83

• View Profile
    • My Other Passion
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 10:20:14 am »
No that is just alittle to far for us to travel. We live in South Georgia. I have not done a National yet with my IMOW yet, but probably in Avon Park Florida. Well good luck and have fun!
Gail A. #464 SS
Ames Brothers Racing

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 10:21:03 am »
Send the sister a link to this thread Allen and get her on the board here with the rest of the gals! Yell at Geri again too, tell her there are lots of gals showing up here in the ladies room that need an experienced gal racer to guide them down the path of mowerhood!

And, y'all don't get all embarased like Geri did when I made a point of telling the crowd she was a gal out there racing with all the guys! There was only a thousand or so people in the grandstands that night, I don't know why it was a problem. But, yeah... the crowd sorta went wild! They love you gals racing!!

Offline allen minaker

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • LawnMonkey Racing
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 10:26:48 am »
She is on here Rock , just don't spend to much time on the putter .
I'll tell her to take a look and give the girls a shout .

And your right about the crowd loving the fact that we had the girls IN THE HOUSE . That and it's nice to see that we don't seperate our drivers , it don't matter if you stand to pee or not when it comes to drivin . LOL
LAWNMONKEY RACING
   FX  236
Vice President WILMRA
www.WILMRA.com
http://lawnmonkeyracing.webs.com/

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 10:31:18 am »
She may feel more comfortable with the rest of the gals showing up here, and might be inclined to be more involved. I know I've seen a post or two she made here. Then we have to get Sarah back in here... Ty??

pinkmonkey

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 11:27:35 am »
Hello there... i was yelled at by my big bro to get on here and start yacking about lawnmower racing.  well since my first race ever was last weekend 5/27/07.  i am not an expert yet.  but i did really eefing great for my first race if i do say so myself.   ;)  no but i was scared poopless and then once i got out there i felt right at home!!  i didnt get to race my own mower... lets just say it wasnt ready.  i love you brother!!!  so yeah i so SO fired up about next weekend in IL!!!!  I race in the A/P class.  there was only five of us last weekend but i got 4th place.  it was awesome i need LOTS of work on my start but i did catch up to one guy and passed him!!!  i was stoked!!!  that was in the heat and then in the feature i almost lapped him.  last weekend is all i have been talking about all week!!  i am so glad that i have gotten into lawnmower racing and was wondering why i didnt do it sooner.  haha.  i must thank my big bro!!  he is worked so hard on getting me out there.  i appreciate everything he does for me SO much!!!  well i hope to meet you at the race in IL.  i will be the one on the pink mower.   :P 
Heather aka sistermonkey 416

Offline Josh705

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 01:28:52 pm »
Hi, this is Josh's gf, its nice to see all of us getting out there and kickin butt! It fun to see the look on a guys face after you took 1st place away him! Good luck to you!
Josh Bensel
JmB Racing
S/S #705

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 09:40:29 am »
Hey Heather!!

Good to see you join the gals here in livening things up. Have someone get pictures of you down at Mendota next weekend and we'll get you a fancy avatar put together and up on the board! (o;?

Same goes for the rest of you gals... get me a picture of your mower, or better yet of you racing and I'll fix you up an avatar for your foray's about the forum.

Offline tedsgirl83

• View Profile
    • My Other Passion
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 10:26:04 am »
Here is my IMOW. Thanks to Ted my "Mower Guy". I finished fourth in our race in Berlin in May, we have one more race for this season.

Gail A. #464 SS
Ames Brothers Racing

Offline rebelchild16

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 09:41:47 pm »
Hey Jen,  I will not be going to Mendota, Il.  I will be racing in Stevenson, Al on the 8th thru the 10th of June.  I race SS, Super Sportsman, and Pro X.  I couldn't ask for better club members and team mates!  They are all the best and I hope that if you race in Il. have fun and be very SAFE!!  Please let us know how you do and Good Luck!!
Larry n Jeannie
rogersville ala
BTMRA V.P.

There's no blade of grass safe!

Offline josh_jenny_06

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:14:59 pm »
Ok.... so I've changed my mind.... We are going to build me an IMOW instead of an SP. My mower is pretty much already an IMOW, there are just a few things we need to change, and I'll be racing before I know it! I can't wait!

:3gears: