Author Topic: Build Clinic  (Read 8190 times)

Anonymous

Build Clinic
« on: October 29, 2005, 02:00:30 pm »
I am sure you have heard all the rage of the build clinics across the US. Is there any interest in attending one here in Middle Tn. I would be willing to co-ordinate a build clinic this winter and secure a location and put this on if enough are interested. This would include
everything from rules interpretation to the very latest in some newly found technology in chassis building to drive train build to engine building. Also will have on display or to sale all the new parts available from E.C, Distributing. And will have mowers on display for
all to view. All those intersted and willing to attend or have ideas and opinions on such an event. Please feel free to contact me. This will be very informative to all whether new racers or veterans.

George Herrin
2005/2004 BP USLMRA/Stabil National Points Champ
2004 USLMRA Driver of the Year
2004 SP USLMRA/Stabil 2nd National points
Herrin Mower Sports Racing Team/Fat Boyz Racing
3195 Cane Creek Rd.
Hohenwald Tn. 38462
hm...(931)729-0511
wk... 615-446-6807
http://www.askec.net
http://www.eccarburetors.com/

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well reserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming . . "WOW ---What a Ride!"

Offline TomC

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Build Clinic
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 07:03:04 pm »
Re: Build Clinic
Post by Red Horse Racing on Oct 28, 2005, 11:43pm

All I can say is I'd sure like to! Unfortunately, at this time, I can not make any kind of commitment. Darn it.

Dale, in Michigan

Post by mowmanscott on Yesterday at 5:49am

Same here. How long is it for (days) Can you come to western ny so Dale and I could go (just kidding) let us know. If I can go I will.

Post by Red Horse Racing on Yesterday at 9:15am

Hey mowmanscott! That was a good joke. Western New York is not a whole lot different for me than Tennessee! I know of some good wineries in both. LOL

Dale

Post by George Herrin on Yesterday at 9:42am

Yup we are sure good at making wine AND whiskey, evn the real rot gut stuff, seriously though it will be a one day event, start at 8 am and go till 5pm with lunch break and food served. Again this is only if I get interest in it shown. Its ALLOT of work putting one of these on and do not want to waste my time or money and have no one show!!!!
George

Post by Red Horse Racing on Yesterday at 10:56am

Oh, don't I know it! Not a build clinic, but I've been involved in putting on shows. A LOT of work! Soon as I can make a commitment one way or another, I'll be letting you know for sure!!!

Speaking of whiskey, how far are you from Jack Daniels? Been there too! Dang dry county then, is it still?

Dale, in Michigan

Post by George Herrin on Yesterday at 5:58pm

Yup I am about 2.5 hours from there, and yes it is a dry co. very small population also. About the only thing there is the Jack Daniels Brewery.

Post by crafty on Yesterday at 11:32pm

Been wonderin when you were gonna do one here for Tn. My only questions are ...is it just for members or for whoever wants to come? And how much will it cost to attend?
And, uh, just cause its dry in Lynchburg, doesnt mean you cant drink, just cant get caught..LOL.

Post by George Herrin on Today at 12:00am

If I get enoguh interest and it happens it will be open to any and all interested in Mower Racing.
George

Offline arcbilletrod

• View Profile
Build Clinic
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 06:52:46 am »
Move to top
his is TC incognito

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Build Clinic
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 03:04:53 pm »
Sounds great to me,  would have to know a date and details to possitivily comit though.

Offline Red Horse Racing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Hey George!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 07:01:30 pm »
Any more on the build clinic?  We'd really like to come, do you have a time frame in mind?  Not a specific day so much (though that would be nice) as maybe which month?  Might help us make a commitment.

Dale, in Michigan
Wheel Horse of Course!!

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Build Clinic
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 08:15:06 pm »
What would you like to see!!! Still debating I didn't get the response I thought I would but I am still considering it. I am going in for surgery tomorrow and will see how that does me will make a definate decision in app. two to 3 weeks.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline silverfox

• View Profile
Build Clinic
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 09:29:57 pm »
Sir George,

There are a few of us – maybe a lot of us - who have a great interest in a build clinic. You might get an overwhelming response if you gave more information. I could suggest that you start with how long the Clinic would last (6 days or 4 days)  You might suggest a cost to attend. It would be nice to know where it would be held – City and State.   Finally, what would you cover and how would you cover it. I thinking chassis set up (maybe put one together) and an engine build up.

Last but most important, good luck with your surgery.   I hope it is nothing more than having a few weeds trimmed
ilver Fox

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Build Clinic
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 10:08:11 pm »
Well I can tell you this it will be in or withing a 40 mile radius of my home, Hohenwald TN. Depending on where I can get to have it and space available. Preferrably in the city park banquet room. Also It will be a single day, 8 to 5 on a saturday with a luch break, and skoaling after. It will cover rules interpretation, chassis building and setup even if I had everything it would take a minimum of two days to assemble one, and basic do's and don'ts of motor building. That department is too BROAD to try to go over it in great detail. A true motor build clinic could go on for days or even weeks. So much to it. There will also be handouts of great useful info. The day will be broken down in segments with some mowers on hand for show and tell. I will not charge a fee to attend, I will not turn down any donations if offered though. LOL it will be open to anyone interested in lawn mower racing. I am thinking towards the end of janurary or middle of Feburary. I need input from the racers. On time frame preferred.
     And my surgery is to repair some damage I have aquired in my racing, on the left arm/elbow. Should not be a major thing. I HOPE.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline Red Horse Racing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Build Clinic
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 06:35:22 pm »
Hey again George,

I see you haven't changed anything from your orginal posting, consistant is good!   LOL

The best time for us is over spring break.  Of course that does vary with community on just when that is.   Soon as I can track down the dates, I'll post it here.

In the mean time, I hope to keep working so I can come!   LOL  That is the one stopper for me, they've been threatening layoffs since May.  If it's actually done, funds could get real tight, real quick.

Dale, in Michigan
Wheel Horse of Course!!

Offline Red Horse Racing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Time frame adjustment
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 07:02:59 pm »
Hey again.

Just talked with my partner.  Late January to mid February works for us!  Seems spring break is already getting filled up.   LOL

Hope to see you all there and we learn lots!!!

Dale, in Michigan
Wheel Horse of Course!!

anything