Author Topic: Murdr Mowchine 2  (Read 10705 times)

Offline Jeep21

• View Profile
Re: Murdr Mowchine 2
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 01:14:36 pm »
vari-drive  transaxle is not that big  that one in the pic looks like a 8--peerless

Offline ZZ Mowrider

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 08:59:42 pm »
vari-drive  transaxle is not that big  that one in the pic looks like a 8--peerless
the tranny is a Tecumseh 5 speed, I'm going to try and use the pullies for the drive belts. because the drive pully and the tranny pully don't line up. here is a few shots of the Mowchine so far with paint, just playing with colors, this time i didn't use Rattle can, goes on alot quicker and was also free, free is good.
with just black paint

with the blue paint

Offline mowmaster

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 11:39:01 am »
looks great, by the way what size drive pulley are you going to run?
Andrew
Certified MIG, TIG, ARC, and HeliArc.

Offline TheMowinCuban

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 10:06:30 am »
just to clear this up one more time Jeep21, i was talking about the vari-drive PULLIES not the TRANSAXLE, i knew that that is a peerless 800 or 900 series transaxle on that mower. also i know what a vari-drive transaxle looks like since i have one on my mower right now!
Gotta love a good 'ol Briggs Flathead! :thumbsup:

Offline ZZ Mowrider

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 11:20:40 pm »
just to clear this up one more time Jeep21, i was talking about the vari-drive PULLIES not the TRANSAXLE, i knew that that is a peerless 800 or 900 series transaxle on that mower. also i know what a vari-drive transaxle looks like since i have one on my mower right now!
here is a new twist for everyone.  :doh: :doh: :doh:The vari-drive pullies have been move to be used as my drive and driven pullies, :oops: since i couldn't get everything to line up, i decided to use them in another way. i did get the front lowered down some, and welded in,yesterday. and then today, bought 2 more possible racers for $30.00, i know 1 is a craftsman the other was buried pretty good, but for parts i'm not complaining.well after about 5 hours and i don't remember how any beers, i got a 16hp briggs put in today, taken from the Murdr Sickl. here are a few shots of it now, just to mention, i have already given this one it's new name, REDRUM

Offline TheMowinCuban

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 10:17:47 am »
thats a pretty strange way to lower the front axle, but looks good. One question: Did you set up direct steering or are you still running the dangerous stock setup?

Offline ZZ Mowrider

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 09:10:21 pm »
thats a pretty strange way to lower the front axle, but looks good. One question: Did you set up direct steering or are you still running the dangerous stock setup?
well considering with what i have to work with, i don't think that i'm doing a to bad of job. but i do know 1 thing, i couldn't even compete with some of you guys or gals here, i'm just having a good time building and racing around here. I'm going to try and go to the Mendota races in june, just may have to take the Murdr Mowchine and REDRUM with me. It all depends on the wife, she is supposed to have heal cord surgery in june sometime, she hasn't been able to walk for 5 years now and that is 1 of the reasons that i build these racers at home so she can go to the garage and watch me. during the day i have my own street rod upholstery shop, so that keeps me busy during the day. at night i get bored. and create things.
i have the only patten pending on a lited stopsign, it is not LEDS, i will post some shots of it if ya want me to. back to REDRUM here are a few shots from today.

thanks folks

Offline TheMowinCuban

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 10:17:15 am »
Wasn't the someone else on this forum a while ago that had that electroluminecent (sp?) stop sign idea?? or was that you under a different name??

Offline ZZ Mowrider

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 07:56:24 am »
Wasn't the someone else on this forum a while ago that had that electroluminecent (sp?) stop sign idea?? or was that you under a different name??
i don't remember if i posted that about my signs here or not. but i am the person who makes them, i don't think i went under a different name

Offline money89tractors

• Turf Warrior
  • Case 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 08:15:47 am »
It was you that posted it Murdr.

Is it me, do you have more caster on the front right tire than the left? Im guessing its to help you "plant" that wheel solid when your in the corners.

-Phil
..."I used that motto to keep going, keep pushing, keep digging to
find a way around, or through to find a hole, some kind of break that
would allow some space. Once something broke thru, I could be there to
take advantage. Then I would finish 7th instead of 10th." - Dubba G

anything