Author Topic: MINI ME  (Read 110584 times)

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
Re: MINI ME
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 02:52:25 am »
Hope u have pictures of it soon.

what are you using for susp?
What color do u planned for it?

Offline money89tractors

• Turf Warrior
  • Case 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 06:46:39 am »
...im trying to save a few dollars to get the custom coils made for it...

-Phil
..."I used that motto to keep going, keep pushing, keep digging to
find a way around, or through to find a hole, some kind of break that
would allow some space. Once something broke thru, I could be there to
take advantage. Then I would finish 7th instead of 10th." - Dubba G

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 07:26:22 am »
custom made coil springs for all 4 corners.maybe 4wd steering dampners as shockies as there a perfect dimension.theres a nice metallic blue getting around down here on some new cars.not light/not dark just a nice shade.the main bod,bead locks will get that colour and the rest like rims,front and rear bars,snorkel and frame will get gloss black.not sure about coils and shocks ill decide that come the time,maybe a straight colour dark or light blue.windows and door out lines will be in black.all the suspension arms are rubber bushed as well which i custom made but might need redesigning no ive changed the susp.ill have my business sign writing on as a promotional vehicle.if coin permits toward the end i would love to trave the 4 stroke suzuki motor for a electric start 12hp diesel that ive seen.ths thing is going to be geared slower than a snail to rock crawl so the diesel would be awesome.

Offline money89tractors

• Turf Warrior
  • Case 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 05:19:06 pm »
The color you talk about sounds like a nice shade. This thing should be a great eye catcher and business promoter! With the power youll get out of the diesel, you shouldnt have to gear it all that slow, plus you talked about having a transmission for the gear selection. just a suggestion, but you could find yourself a Peerless 820 transaxle, put a live axle in it, and use it as a transmission/transfercase for you 4wd setup.

-Phil

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 12:28:12 am »
That colors sounds great..

Pretty much what Money89Tractors said, is about right.

4wd steering sounds sweet, how hard would it be to set something up like that?

i have a Polaris Sportsman i was thinking about doing that with.

I was thinking about running a live axle in one of my Tractors, for the 4wd.

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 03:15:51 am »
any one got a pic of a pearless 820.your side of knowledge on such parts etc is beyond me right now so ill ask the Q.what does this part come out of is it a off the shelf part. the colour will tie into a ute i have and want to rebuild with heaps of chrome.....

Offline money89tractors

• Turf Warrior
  • Case 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 07:00:47 am »

Here is an over all view. We are mounting an 820 transaxle into this MTD. All ready built one so this really isn't new ground for us. Well it is for Jake. This is his first build.

Here you see the transaxle sitting in place

Here is a look inside the frame. While the transaxle is in place we squared it up centered it left and right and using a transfer punch marked the 4 mounting boltholes. Then we drilled and tapped for a 5/16 standard thread.

Here is a look with it bolted in place Front mounts still need making but the transaxle is in.

Here’s another look at it bolted in. I use the very inside bolt holes in the case they just happen to be in line with the side panel. This is the reason we make the mounts like we did. By not going to the outer boltholes this will allow for our brake setup, which you will see, in later pictures.

Here is a look at it in side from the front

Here is an overall view of the bottom

As you can see we still stiffen the chassis with the square tubing. This is essentially a prepared chassis and will be built as such.

Here you can see we still have just a bit of modifying to do to the case we grind this material away. There is plenty of access here and doesn't hurt cutting or grind some of it away.

here is the other side have to notch case just a little still

This picture is of his brothers brake system on his Super-stock. We will install the same set up on this one.

Here is another look at the disk and disk hub. The is made by none other than Steve Bertrand of Bertrand Hydraulics, also the builder of the big Indian also referred to as the Thunder Twin. 1800-236-3611
Theres many pictures from Georges son Jakes' build. the difference between the 820 peerless, and any other peerless transaxle is the 820 has a 1" axle, whick makes it much stronger.

-Phil

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 04:25:14 am »
Any updates yet bro?

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 06:35:44 am »
talked to the spring man today and will give him details tomorrow to get price which will decide wether to go ahead or satisfy my itch to get stuck into my ute for a bit......

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 01:51:28 am »
Hopefully it all works out.

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 06:53:36 am »
might not have much to report on the project for a little as the itch to start to fully rebuid my ute got too much and the money is going toward that for a while till im happy with its progress or get bored and come back to have a stint on mini me.ive got to have a few things on the go to keep me interested....dont worry i will post any more progress and you will see a finished product just dont know when yet.i still come to this site every time im on the puter to see other projects......cheers to all...........

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 01:02:56 pm »
Is it going to be four wheel steering 2?
Cause that'd be awesome.

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 01:41:36 pm »
You could even look into motocross motorcycle rear shocks, or atv/ snowmobile coilovers-could probably get a used set and save some cash.  Then just paint the springs the color you want. The high end ones typically have a cool looking (yet functional) remote reservoir. You can get these from 3" travel up to 12", maybe more.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:58 pm »
i was only going to keep it front steer.thats the main reason it will start life as rear drive only.once the hard work is done and its operational ill nut out how to get drive to the front wheels when they pivot on the diff housing.all those motor bike susp ideas are not off the cards as yet.i was looking at road bike front forks to do the job at one stage mainly for articulation.but ive changed a few things to balance its apperance so susp flex isnt a priority any more,it will still work decent enough just looking good while doing it. thats probably why im stuck with the coil idea cos i reakon a set of for painted coils in there at aprrox 350mm high and 75-100mm wide will make it look great. while i was lowing it to the ground to unhook the crane i stepped back and thought it would look better and handle the rough stuff better if not so high ,again tryng to even out its proportions.

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 01:22:17 am »
Yeah i know exactly what ur saying.

have you tried looking on ebay for some shocks?

anything