Author Topic: MINI ME  (Read 110566 times)

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
Re: MINI ME
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 05:31:41 am »
ive got some shocks in mind already which i think are perfect.they are the steering dampner out of the model 4wd that its based on .comp to approx 250 and extend to approx 450 roughly guessing and are about 35mm diameter.getting second hand ones mean there flogged out to allow the springs to work and i just need to paint them up.i have one and i will put a call out for more soon to fellow patrol forums......

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 10:04:39 am »
heres another project i left interstate until i can get it to where i am now to finish it.

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 02:24:05 am »
well good news.the ute rebuild is causing hardship due to being more involved and clashing to much with work and family.im getting back into mini me.cut out shape of steering wheel today.checked the before mentioned shock .ordering coils and putting call out for other shocks.........cheers

Offline mtd91

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 10:22:41 pm »
If you are going to make your rearend pivot it has to be shaft driven same for the front.

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 03:09:29 am »
yeah the front will be the same as the rear.both front and rear diffs are suspended by bit of a multi link suspension system and coils but seeing as the front diff is solid like your machines the wheels pivot on the end of the bar so my prob is to make that front bar a differential and transmit some form of drive to the front wheels while allowing them to turn some how. put the order in for the coils today good price considering there custom made i reakon.dimensions for the coils are.......75mm O/D....2.5"
                                                                                          ......400mm Height...16"
                                                                                          coil wire is 10mm...3/8"
there going to be fairly stiff as i asked for approx 100kg rating per spring.most of the weight is over the rear so the front will struggle to move.but by the time this thing is finished and accessorised it will be heavy.and the pring shouldnt flog out too early causing me expense to get them reset all the time.the ride height has been re-evaluated too as it was near stupid in the pics and made the tyres look to small so its been dropped a bit to look tough but capable which being a little closer to the ground wont hurt no the springs will be so stiff..............

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 04:10:16 pm »

the size of shock i will be using.

the factory look alike small steering wheel.

rear view.bit of steel bracing.the wheel will get wrapped in fibre glass and sanded smooth.

the revised ride height and how the rear shock should sit.roughed up the swing open rear bar today too.the pole holding the reverse light will become a spare tyre holder.

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 08:01:40 pm »
How high is standing?.. what did you get them off of?  It's looking sweet.  :D

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 04:26:28 am »
from the top of the diff housing to the bottom of the wheel arch is 500mm.not sure about over all height havnt measured that yet.started to make the spring perches for front springs while waiting for them to turn up.

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 04:31:36 am »
hurray got my coils and have them supporting the vehicle now.the spring perches where an educated guess and seem to work well,the rear is raised a little more to allow for the addition of body weight.cut some holes in the rear bumper to recess the indicators,tail/brake lights.steering wheel isnt finished yet just sitting in place to see for size.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Turf Warrior
  • El Toro Asesino
    • View Profile
    • Off-Road Mowers!
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 08:45:58 am »
That's so darn cool!
All-Terrain Lawn Mower Association Founder/Administrator

www.offroadmowers.com - When mowing the lawn just don't cut it!

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 08:50:13 am »
Wow she's comming along beautiful!

how much do have wrapped up in that so far?
cause im interested in building on myself.
but with a Semi body!! :D

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 06:34:18 am »
i have a fair bit in it for a toy.its a 2 year project and so far one years been so i should be in the final stretch but my business is starting to move which is taking up time.its hard to say to your self on the other side of the world dollar value but as a guide a average weekly income for middle class is approx $700 clear.this thing will tip the scales at around $4-5000 parts only its my labour.

Offline steveeee1964

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 05:27:53 am »
D@mn.

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2007, 10:53:11 am »
the main thing is im not doing it at warp speed.when i first started i predicted 2 years.at this point its upto approx 15 months.it might not get finished within 2 years as time for it gets harder to find.calculate the cost over that tme and its a bit easier and i can hide from the missus better.to get a good product u dont have to go this extreme im just thinking down the track it will be good for business etc. 

dont have much to report as not much time and been farting around with setting up diff with axle and bearings.after getting price on bevelled/spider gears and how hard it is to get i need to pull a car diff apart to get a couple of planatery gears and its canned the forward reverse gearbox i wanted to make.it might just become a straight drive with clutch and a car starter motor for a reverse.time will tell.the missus got me some lighting for it yesterday.couldnt help but screw the top ones on the 2x on the bonnet are for the bull bar when made..................

oh yeah any one larger than a kid will have there hair burnt off the back of there head if top 4x lights get turned on.theres nearly 600watts of lights on this including the indicators and tail lights............................

Offline pootrol

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 05:59:51 pm »
sorry there hasnt been much to report people.started to work 7 days for a while to keep up with demanding customers.also got another patrol which is what this is based on loosely so im getting that sorted out so i can go bush bashing with mates and drinking huge amounts of happy juice.i need a break now and then cos i get crapped off with projects and when i get back to them im ready to make another major progress............

anything