Author Topic: John Deere STX46  (Read 5652 times)

Offline Letsmow

• View Profile
John Deere STX46
« on: March 11, 2020, 04:45:32 pm »
Hey everyone. Bit finding much information on building a John Deere STX 46. Is this model worth my time building? It’s gonna be used for 1 race day a year that is getting more competitive all the time. It needs to be fast and handle well. Will the short wheelbase be a limiting factor? Should I look for something different? I got this one for free, running and driving with a 15HP Koehler. I have not got underneath to see what it has for a transmission yet. Thanks everyone.

Offline YT3000fourlife

• built not bought
    • View Profile
Re: John Deere STX46
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 10:44:44 pm »
if you  got it for free and you have a idea how to build it should be fine. and if your only racing it once a year i wouldn't worry to much about the abuse it may take. im building a 2013 yt3000 and i  never built one of these things but if you do research will be wicked easy or at least the dots will connect. prolly has a rail chassis so you will want to beef it up by welding angle iron or 3/4 square tubing in the rails. buy youtube has all kinda videos so check em out. mikes big block and fearless and so many more.  what ever videos you need lmk i can prolly find something for you im more a visual person myself. 

anything