Author Topic: Intek Compression Release. I am tired of replacing cams on my lawn mower.  (Read 4104 times)

Offline LameGrassCutter

• View Profile
Guys I am barely capable of replacing the cam and plastic governor on my 17.5 hp single cyl intek engine.
I am about to have to replace the cam the second time because of the cheap compression release assembly coming apart inside my engine.
I have seen reference to replacing the cam and leaving off the compression release assembly then buying a high torque starter.

Is there a starter available that will turn over a stock motor and fit in the stock location?
If not what changes have to be made? New flywheel?
Any help you guys can provide would be great! I just want to mow my lawn without having to pick pieces out of the engine every second year.
If you could provide as much detail as possible, like part numbers, what cca rated battery will i need to turn the starter? will i need to replace the stock solenoid? if so what part number?

Thanks in advance for all your help
Lee

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
How big of a lot are you mowing that you wear out a cam in 2 years?
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"