Author Topic: Kohler CV14S Walbro LMK carburetor issues.  (Read 6980 times)

Offline Mowter Head

• View Profile
Kohler CV14S Walbro LMK carburetor issues.
« on: July 15, 2018, 09:58:25 pm »
Hey, so I have a Walbro LMK carburetor on my Kohler Command CV14S with the letters and number “K” and “3” and 61602 on it. Now I’m having some issues with it. It will idle fine and run good while on the gas for maybe a lap and a half and then it will start spitting and sputtering and if you give it any gas it will die but it stays idleing. Any information or ideas as to why it’s doing this would be helpful. Thanks

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kohler CV14S Walbro LMK carburetor issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 02:29:56 am »
Not enough fuel,are you using a pump and if you are what is the vacuum source ,or the line is leaking ,maybe the pump is bad. maybe the float level is too low or the float can't drop enough to let much fuel into the float bowl ,possibly the fuel line has a restriction in it

Offline PJG56

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kohler CV14S Walbro LMK carburetor issues.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 07:37:39 am »
Hey, so I have a Walbro LMK carburetor on my Kohler Command CV14S with the letters and number “K” and “3” and 61602 on it. Now I’m having some issues with it. It will idle fine and run good while on the gas for maybe a lap and a half and then it will start spitting and sputtering and if you give it any gas it will die but it stays idleing. Any information or ideas as to why it’s doing this would be helpful. Thanks

I'd say lack of fuel for sure,since it runs good for about a lap and a half,i would start with making sure fuel tank is vented and fuel filter is not plugged,then move forward from there,it sounds like your issue is somewhere between tank and carb.
Paul Guptill  (oppy) #238modX
2012 slmra mowstock champion(builder/owner)

2013 slmra mowdified champion(builder/owner)
2013 ARMA national champion Mod-X(builder/owner)
2014 ARMA national champion Mod-X(builder/owner)
2014 All American Champion Mod-X/CP(builder/owner)
2014All American Champion FXT (engine builder)
2014 All American 2nd place SP(builder/owner)
2015 All American 2nd place BP (builder/owner)
2016 OutlawTriple Crown FXT Champion (engine builder)

anything