Engine Help > Briggs OHV & Vanguard

intek 44CI valve guide size.

(1/2) > >>

ole4:
Based on the manual reject size for the valve stem I ordered a 6mm Pilot. The pilot is not snug in the guide, The only other pilot near 6mm is a 6.02 that is only .0008 larger. I went ahead and ordered it as the 6mm one has very little movement but it does go all the way down in the guide and I can get barley perceptible movement. Does anyone know what pilot size is correct for the intek V twin heads? 

ole4:
Just to add the pilot is for a neway seat cutter. .375 top and the only two sizes close are 6mm and 6.02mm. 

rotten ron:
It really doesn't matter what size the pilot is as long as it fits tight and can lock in the guide. It is an air cooled engine and the valve needs more clearance than a water cooled engine.I rebuild engines and have worked on thousands of heads. I have used those cutters but I usually use stones and Sioux seem to be the ones of choice. they seem to be the most accurate .

PJG56:

--- Quote from: ole4 on June 25, 2018, 05:24:01 pm ---Based on the manual reject size for the valve stem I ordered a 6mm Pilot. The pilot is not snug in the guide, The only other pilot near 6mm is a 6.02 that is only .0008 larger. I went ahead and ordered it as the 6mm one has very little movement but it does go all the way down in the guide and I can get barley perceptible movement. Does anyone know what pilot size is correct for the intek V twin heads?

--- End quote ---

I use the 6mm expandable Neway pilot.
If your not satisfied with the fit of your 6mm pilot put one wrap of scotch tape on it to tighten it up..

ole4:
Thanks, I did not see the expandable one on Beam Equipment site. I'll go look for it. I did order the 6.02 one but I bet it will still not be snug. I'm gonna go out and try the tape but I am pretty sure it will be too big.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version