Author Topic: building a couple monster-ish mowers (that still mow)  (Read 3534 times)

Offline big-d

• View Profile
building a couple monster-ish mowers (that still mow)
« on: May 19, 2018, 02:56:26 am »
I am in the process of building a second mower right now. Neither one is for racing though and both actually have larger tires and are still used for mowing 8) I am looking for a supplier to get the rear hubs. 3/4" bore with the 4 on 4 bolt pattern? I have read a couple threads of people stating they were only around $10ea? The cheapest I have found so far is around $50 for the pair after shipping. I live in Mapleton Utah. Unfortunately the guy that ran the small mower racing association near me passed away last winter (Roger Hope) as I was getting to know him and getting ready to build a basic racing mower for my kids to have fun on. I have been reading threads on here for a while. I build all kinds of frankenstein go karts and buggies for my kids, as well as what the neighbors call the Monster mower.

Offline BuiltTough

• View Profile
Re: building a couple monster-ish mowers (that still mow)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 12:52:53 am »
You could do like me and just make them yourself?

I used 6” discs cut from 3/8” steel, drilled and welded a 3/4” sheave to them and drilled out my bolt pattern. Then I welded 4 grade8 bolts through the bolt holes, and your all set. Total cost was about $20 (cut the discs from scrap from a local welder in town - freebie)

Offline TomL

• Mr. Modest
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: building a couple monster-ish mowers (that still mow)
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 06:37:32 am »
4 x 4 Wheel Hub (3/4" Bore) | K260058 | BMI Karts And Parts
https://www.bmikarts.com/4-x-4-Wheel-Hub-34-Bore_p_1654.html
$18.95 - ‎In stock
4 x 4 Wheel Hub (3/4 Bore)- Product Specifications:3/4 Heavy duty wheel hubHub is 3-1/2 long with 3/16 keywayOn stud side its 1-3/4 (approximate)Opposite ...
Tom Lavalette
Ask me about the PA MiniPro Racing Mowers
toms580@yahoo.com
Columbia, PA

anything