Author Topic: In over my head. Please read!  (Read 3829 times)

Offline DrNic

• Hi Everybody!
    • View Profile
In over my head. Please read!
« on: May 03, 2018, 06:07:28 pm »
So here's the story:

I was sitting in the break room at work a little over a week ago, :censored:-ing with the guys as usual. We work midnight shifts fixing the planes for the airline we work for. There's two shifts that alternate 4 on 4 off, but on this night both shifts were there. Since the other shift was present we were :censored: talking back and forth about which shift has better mechanics, and I casually mentioned how funny it would be if we built racing mowers and settled the argument (I had just watched a youtube video of them and they looked fun). To my surprise the other shift got excited about the idea, and in a couple of days the idea had swept through our entire small town!
Now we have a track being planned, talk of ice races in the winter, and about half a dozen mowers being built including mine. I have never built a racing mower, none of us have. I downloaded some guidelines for race classes and rules from an Alberta based club (Lawn Mower Fanatics Alberta Organization) so we all stay on roughly the same build style and budget, but the momentum of this thing is growing out of control. I need all the tips and advice you can give a newbie, since I'm already being referred to around town as the "Mower racing club's President". I was even recognized at the local grocery store by someone I didn't know.
Where do I find racing mower specific parts online?
What is the most common rule book in Canada for this kind of thing?
How Can I keep this momentum rolling and make our local club a reality?
All help and resources you guys share with me will be shared with everyone involved with this in my town, since we're all starting out and I want this thing to grow as fast as possible since our Summer is so short.
Thank You.
That'll do, it's not as if it's going up in the shuttle!

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: In over my head. Please read!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:42:22 am »
If you have Facebook, look up Carrier Performance, he is your Canada dealer for race mower parts. His new built mower just won on the first race out.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"