Author Topic: Racing mower questions  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Southriverspeeddemon

• View Profile
Racing mower questions
« on: March 07, 2018, 05:09:18 am »
I have a 1978 (I THINK) snapper sr1433 rear engined with a 13.5 briggs and stratton 5 speed aftermarket engine. I would like to turn this into a racing mower/super fast runaround go cart. Super fast or not, i am going to take the deck off and spraypaint, and the drive disk is trashed. Ordered one, getting here soon. Can i have any tips and/or tricks? Ive been reading about taking the governer off, what do i need to do structurally? Thanks!

Offline Mower Maniac

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Racing mower questions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:39:58 pm »
Don't take off the governor unless you will be getting an aluminum flywheel. You can rework the governor to get it to rev some more
AZLMRA
2016-GPK 3rd place
2017-GPK 2nd place

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 12:37:54 am »
At the top on the right hand side there is a search bar ,you can find info there on just about any engine.When you do enough to the engine it could rev three times what it could when it was stock. That will make the flywheel explode and that could kill you or someone else,that is why you need an aftermarket flywheel and it also gives you adjustable  ignition timing ,you need the flywheel if you are going to race it,they won't let you race without it Marc birdman exprss who is a moderator on this site is also an Arc dealer ,he can get you the parts you need,you need an aftermarket connecting rod too,the stock one won't take much RPM

Offline AndyHenderosn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 10:04:07 pm »
Can some one help me. My girl friend dad and I purchased a machine with a 18 HP opposed brigs and Stratton in it. We need help adjusting the governor to get more rpm out of it but still keep the normal rpm while idling.  I've looked for video and I've asked around my home town and no one can help me.
Then I came across this form hope some can help

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 05:29:29 pm »
We race with a set of rules that states anything over governed speed needs a Billet Flywheel.
The oppy in a finicky animal, you better do some oil mods {found in search} if you want to go over
the governed speed.

Thanks
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"