Author Topic: convert vertical to horizontal?  (Read 4384 times)

Offline beezerboy

• View Profile
convert vertical to horizontal?
« on: May 06, 2017, 01:29:52 am »
I have a 25hp Kohler CV25 & would like to convert it to a horizontal installation. I'm thinking that can be done fairly easily.... am I right? obviously the intake manifold is different, and the oil pickup tube is needed.  do I need a different oil sump too? I know the heads have to have an oil hole drilled. what else? thanks

Offline Eatondirt

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: convert vertical to horizontal?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 07:55:13 am »
The blocks are different also you wouldn't have the mounting bolts.  Unless you mounted it by using the bottom pan.  Your correct the heads would have to be drilled.
Casey Eaton
Big Dog Mower Racing

Offline beezerboy

• View Profile
Re: convert vertical to horizontal?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:03:20 am »
no problem to make a motor mount, especially since I have to anyway. I'm assuming it's been done... just looking for obstacles

btw, this is a running engine on my hovercraft. I'm thinking of making it a twin engine.... one for lift and the Kohler 25 for thrust only. right now the Kohler does both, with a lift fan on the shaft and a mule drive to the thrust prop. it works pretty well as is, but... long story....more power Scotty....

3 full size guys with a cooler & fishing gear.... 16' hull, 18-25 mph cruise over any flat surface (depending on wind), 1.5 gal per hour. it can jump logs, etc.. I can hit a 10" cut bank dead on & jump right on top of it. I have 250 hours on this one. I have built 3.