Author Topic: Kawasaki v twin  (Read 4330 times)

Offline Mastechtim

• View Profile
Kawasaki v twin
« on: January 10, 2017, 05:42:50 pm »
Just wanted to stop in and pass along some info y'all might be able to use in mower racing. I'm building a kawasaki FD851D for a UTV. Its turbocharge going to run about 15 lbs of boost. Not sure if you run this engine or not. But I've learned a lot building it. Thanks Tim

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
Re: Kawasaki v twin
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:55:36 am »
IT'S NOT LEGAL IN ANY GROUP.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline Kokamo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:51 am »
Yeah, def not legal in any mower racing class that I'm aware of, but def would be cool on a puller or drag setup. Post pics!!

~Joe
"Mow" Joe Hopkins
Liberty Hill, Tx

Offline Mastechtim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 11:19:33 pm »

Offline DeereRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 08:25:59 am »
What's the application for this engine?  Even it was legal for mower racing I can't imagine it could run a hole race at 15lbs without having a meltdown.  What does it have for internals and flywheel?
"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and farming the most certain."

Well I got two of the three covered.
Martin
Thumb Mowers
Michigan

Offline Mastechtim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 08:03:11 pm »
It's been very expensive to say the least. JE. Made the pistons. R&R made the billet aluminum rods. Every bolt hole in the block has been drilled and taped for timeserts. Every nut and bolts is ARP. Crank was welded with hard pins and hard chromed Jornals through out with bronze bushins. Assembly was balanced with heavy metal. Double valve springs with stainless valve and hardened seats. Bronze glides with no seals. Only thing stock is the camshaft and lifters. Has garrett t15 turbo with 45mm mikuni carb. All an lines. I hope it stays together. We'll see....

Offline Mastechtim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 08:09:11 pm »
I think it'll make 120 to 130 hp. I forgot ingition system. It's a crank trigger with accel coils. I'm probably going to use a megasquirt system to controll the ignition system. Might go injected later. Also the block was bored and has melling 1/8 inch thick sleeves.

Offline Mastechtim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 08:19:44 pm »
It's going in a custom built basically 2wd utv. Custom built cage. Rear suspension is 3 link. Front is from a kawasaki kfx 700. But it's has custom built control arms with heim joints and Fox shocks all the way around. It's a side by side with 4 point harness. Why did I build it. I'm not sure, I just started and could stop. I probably have 12k in it. I'll post some pics of it with video when it's done.

anything