Engine Help > Other Engines

Fh721D

(1/2) > >>

bighead9007:
On cam there are two ball's that moves, can I take them out or leave them in.

bighead9007:
Any help would be great.

Kokamo:

--- Quote from: bighead9007 on January 09, 2017, 06:34:09 pm ---On cam there are two ball's that moves, can I take them out or leave them in.

--- End quote ---

On the parts diagram, there should be 6 balls on the govoner....assuming that's what you're talking about (as that's the only ball located in the entire motor that I can see), they are to limit the top speed of the engine. It is critical they stay in there for safety reasons.You can take them out, but unless you have a billet flywheel or billet rods, you run a high risk of the engine coming apart and possibly injuring you or someone.

~Joe

Kokamo:
Ok, I see what you're saying now. There are 2 balls in the camshaft itself. Those are there for the ACR (auto compression release). They release a bit of compression at a low RPM (cranking speed) by opening the exhaust valve just a tiny bit at the right time. This makes it easy on the starting components for longer life. You really should keep these installed and in working order, especially if you make any sort of compression changes or timing advances.

~Joe

bighead9007:
Any know if a fh770d cam will fit a fh721d block.im trying to get a little more lift and duration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version