Author Topic: yt3000 safety switch bypass?  (Read 3095 times)

Offline gwjvw

• View Profile
yt3000 safety switch bypass?
« on: December 19, 2016, 10:41:20 pm »
I just bought a yt3000 craftsman mower and the switch under the seat has 4 wires and a loop at the plug, does anyone know how to bypass this, thx

Offline Kokamo

• View Profile
Re: yt3000 safety switch bypass?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 10:55:39 am »
I just bought a yt3000 craftsman mower and the switch under the seat has 4 wires and a loop at the plug, does anyone know how to bypass this, thx

I don't want to be the guy that screams at people for safety reasons, but any time you disable any part of the machine that will let it run in gear when you aren't on it, this is a pretty big no-no. You can disable the seat switch....fine, BUT, you need to have some sort of way to kill the engine when you come away from the machine. Example: You fall off of the machine, the tether will kill the engine and the machine stops, rather than the machine keep running in gear and hurt someone or damage property while it's running away.

Pretty much anyone's advice here is to remove all wiring from the machine, but keep critical parts like the kill switch, starter wire to the starter solenoid, etc....then add a tether kill switch and a starter push button. Keep it simple.

~Joe

"Mow" Joe Hopkins
Liberty Hill, Tx

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: yt3000 safety switch bypass?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 01:38:08 pm »

Exactly!    Safety first.

Your not going to need the stock harness anyway, so don't worry about the stock switches.   It is far easier to rewire the mower using only what is needed.
Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

anything