Author Topic: 2017 USLMRA Rule Book  (Read 11040 times)

Offline mrmowitall

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.letsmow.com
2017 USLMRA Rule Book
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »
http://letsmow.com/the-2017-uslmra-rule-book-is-here/

2017 Is USLMRA 25th Anniversary

The 2017 edition of the United States Lawn Mower Racing Association Rulebook is here and ready for download! Effective date for this Rule Book is 1 January 2017.

In past years we have always looked at reasonable changes to make this sport safer and more enjoyable. This year we have made no changes to the Rule Book except for the STA-BIL 360 Performance Finals and the creation of Regional Championships.

That’s right – starting in 2017, Four Regional Championships will be created – North, South, Midwest and West – and will be run concurrently with a STA-BIL National Lawn Mower Racing Series US National Points Race Weekend.

Regional Champion Trophies will be awarded based on accumulated points for each race Heats and Features during a Regional Race Weekend. Feature Race Points for each race weekend will count towards USLMRA National Points. Trophies (3) will be awarded for each Feature Race and for the Regional Championship (point accumulation of Heats and Feature).

Regional Champion Trophies will increase the prestige of selected events and create an opportunity for more bragging rights. A Regional Racer Banquet and Awards Ceremony will be offered at each Regional Championship. Any USLMRA member can compete in any Regional Championship regardless of where they live. Regional Championships are based on venue location, not racer residence. To please as many people as possible. To recognize that it may be difficult to travel long distances and still allow racers to have a chance to compete in a prestigious event.

Let us all remember that we should strive to maintain professionalism in our appearance and conduct, and we hope to keep participation fun, affordable, safe and competitive. As always, for those who wish to spend time seeking loopholes in the rulebook, or defeat the spirit of the rules, we suggest you are racing in the wrong organization.

Running USLMRA is a business and business is good! Steps continue to be taken to ensure that we can
continue running this business in the green. Always remember that wherever we do race it will be conducted in a safe, professional manner and we would hope that our members would conduct themselves the same manner whenever at a USLMRA Event.

Keep in mind it’s nearly impossible to please every driver and not all will be completely satisfied with these changes, but we feel it is in the best interest of this great sport to make these changes as we continue to grow.

For questions concerning these rules, we highly recommend addressing them on our Facebook Page so our members may see the questions and answers. You may also contact the designated staff members by e-mail for answers to any questions you may have.

So, Welcome to the 2017 Season! We hope that everyone has a safe, exciting season and enjoys the fellowship of your fellow racers.

http://letsmow.com/rules-tech/offical-rules/

Sincerely,

Bruce Kaufman USLMRA President
Kerry Evans USLMRA Vice President of Administration
Manny Torres USLMRA Race & Technical Director/National Chief Steward
Richard Webb USLMRA National Chief Steward
Bruce Kaufman
Mr. Mow It All
Founder & Past President
U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association
Founded April 1, 1992

LetsMow.com
facebook.com/USLMRA

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 USLMRA Rule Book
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 11:16:40 pm »
Which states are included in which region?

Offline mrmowitall

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 10:02:29 am »
Which states are included in which region?

"Any USLMRA member can compete in any Regional Championship regardless of where they live. Regional Championships are based on venue location, not racer residence."
Bruce Kaufman
Mr. Mow It All
Founder & Past President
Founded April 1, 1992

LetsMow.com
facebook.com/USLMRA

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 08:47:34 am »
Please pardon my ignorance. But:

Say I can only travel to race venues within 10 hours of my residence. Which venues would count toward which region is determined by which state that venue is in, and I may only want to participate in a particular region's races because it would give greater value to achieving my goal toward "Regional Points Champion".

Regardless of residence, points are accumulated, according to the regional championship, for a particular region, correct? This region must therefore have venues in particular states which count as a particular region, correct? I understand ALL points generated nationally are accumulated nationally as well.

Therefore, if I have a personal goal to win points in my region, and to be the points champion for my region, a race in Maine would accumulate points for a region I may not race in often enough for me to consider towards my simple goal of a regional points champion, but accumulate nationally.

I understand what you're saying in the rule, "Any USLMRA member can compete in any Regional Championship regardless of where they live. Regional Championships are based on venue location, not racer residence." You want everyone to be able to compete in every level in the USLMRA. And I think we all know we can race anywhere, and I understand you are trying to be careful in emphasizing that so as not to give racers an impression they are now under some kind of limitation. Nor do you want to see a drop in The Sta-Bil 360 Finals attendance.

SAYING ALL THAT My question stands: Which states (regardless of my personal residence) constitute a particular region? Example, which are the Northern states? Which do you consider Southern States? Which do you consider Western States? Which do you consider Eastern States?

I'm not trying to be hardheaded Bruce, I promise. But I think it's a valid question.

Offline mrmowitall

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 10:37:22 am »
Hi Jeff:

My comments are inserted: 

Please pardon my ignorance. But:

Say I can only travel to race venues within 10 hours of my residence. Which venues would count toward which region is determined by which state that venue is in, and I may only want to participate in a particular region's races because it would give greater value to achieving my goal toward "Regional Points Champion".

Regardless of residence, points are accumulated, according to the regional championship, for a particular region, correct?

BK>>  Yes.

This region must therefore have venues in particular states which count as a particular region, correct?

BK>>  No.  Each region has one Regional Championship. For example:  I can live in Wamic, Oregon and travel to and win the Southern Regional Championship in Avon Park, Florida. 

I understand ALL points generated nationally are accumulated nationally as well.

BK>>  Yes, for the STA-BIL National Lawn Mower Racing Series, same as always.

Therefore, if I have a personal goal to win points in my region, and to be the points champion for my region, a race in Maine would accumulate points for a region I may not race in often enough for me to consider towards my simple goal of a regional points champion, but accumulate nationally.

I understand what you're saying in the rule, "Any USLMRA member can compete in any Regional Championship regardless of where they live. Regional Championships are based on venue location, not racer residence." You want everyone to be able to compete in every level in the USLMRA. And I think we all know we can race anywhere, and I understand you are trying to be careful in emphasizing that so as not to give racers an impression they are now under some kind of limitation. Nor do you want to see a drop in The Sta-Bil 360 Finals attendance.

SAYING ALL THAT My question stands: Which states (regardless of my personal residence) constitute a particular region? Example, which are the Northern states? Which do you consider Southern States? Which do you consider Western States? Which do you consider Eastern States?

BK>>  Al 50 states are considered part of any Regional Championship.

I'm not trying to be hardheaded Bruce, I promise. But I think it's a valid question.

BK>>  No worries, Jeff!
Bruce Kaufman
Mr. Mow It All
Founder & Past President
Founded April 1, 1992

LetsMow.com
facebook.com/USLMRA

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 02:40:42 pm »

OK. So, the regions are divided up something like this map, for example. So let's say I want to be the "Yellow Zone regional Points Champion" I need to attend all the venues in that region for the year. True?

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 05:00:33 pm »
What states make up each region?
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"