Author Topic: first build  (Read 3570 times)

Offline 88g1teg

• View Profile
first build
« on: August 30, 2016, 09:29:52 pm »
ok one of my buddies from work and i decided to build a race mower (we work at a huge lawn mower shop) so we have endless supply of junk motors to choose from. 5hp flat head briggs to a 30hp vanguard efi and a couple of kawasaki liquid motors. we picked two really old murrays so far we stripped it down to the bare frame and i started welding braces in the frame to stiffen it up but i need to go and get some diffrent rods to finnish that up but i mainly need tome advice on what steering settup yall would recomend and axle/gearbox ill post some pictures tomorrow and any suggestions on what motor to put on its not going to accual race events the next one may but we are using this one to learn what to do and not to do so when we build the one we want to take to the track it will be right

Offline chavez

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: first build
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 10:17:41 pm »
Pretty easy to read the rules and look through the builds on here first. You will find most of your answers in the build sections for chassis, and engine section for...well...engines. 
   For what it's worth, you won't find much help here if you start off saying you aren't building a mower for sanctioned events, but rather a back yard bruiser.   Just so ya know....otherwise, welcome to the best collection of mower racing knowledge!
Travis Callaway