Author Topic: New hobby  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Timmfrit

• View Profile
New hobby
« on: July 07, 2016, 06:57:06 pm »
Hi yall. I've always been interested in building something to race. Being on a tight budget lawn tractor racing has peaked my interest. I like doing stuff my son and I can do together. We currently built custom knives, so I'm looking for something with more thrill that utilizes a well stocked metal shop.  I currently have an 80s 11hp simplicity 4211f lathead, and a 96 Murry with an intek17hp ohv. Which should turn I to a track monster? My son is 12 and as I understand the classes the simplicity would be more up his ally. And the Murry is supposed to be my lawn mower, but it might be better to start bigger? However out of the gate its going to be more of a fun project than a legit race tractor. Open to suggestions, thanks.

Offline EUBANK RACING

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New hobby
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 10:29:49 am »
Welcome to a great sport, and family, let people know where you are from and more will chime in to help you in your area. The best advice I can give you is READ, READ, READ in this forum. Don't try to reinvent the wheel! Everything you need to know is right before your eyes if you look for, and if you want to make a safe "racer" you will receive help on any questions on here. First thing to keep in mind is your machine will need to STOP!!!!! THIS IS AS IMPORTANT AS MAKING IT GO!!!!!!!
\"Micah\"

anything