Author Topic: Just starting!  (Read 5708 times)

Offline V1nc3MC

• View Profile
Just starting!
« on: May 18, 2016, 10:29:49 pm »
Hey everyone, I actually just acquired a new lawn mower (1998 Cub Cadet 2135, with a Kohler OHV Engine) and am wondering a couple things. First is, would it really be a good starting project? And second what are good motors for racing? I know Briggs and Stratton are reliable for mowing but I don't know about performance. If anyone has any advice/information, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,
-Vince S.

Offline crazycraftsman

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • owen
Re: Just starting!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 12:28:16 am »
Welcome. First thing figure out what class you want to build too. Is there any clubs around you? check out the build section. I've built 7 mowers and the easiest build was George's Mtd build . These step by step pic and he explains things well.also that chassis can be raced in several different classes with just a engine swap to move up or down in classes.
owen
Lawnmower Racing in B.C   Canada
WMWS points cup winner BP 2016
Wmws points cup winner CP 2017
Wmws points cup winner CP 2018

Offline V1nc3MC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 09:48:46 am »
No clubs that know of, although there probably is. My goal isnt really to et into one though, I'd just like a fun little "toy" to have. So I just wondered if this Cub Cadet is worth the time or if I should sell it to find a new one (or rather an older one). Thanks.

Offline dabugman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 06:33:04 pm »
Welcome. First thing figure out what class you want to build too. Is there any clubs around you? check out the build section. I've built 7 mowers and the easiest build was George's Mtd build . These step by step pic and he explains things well.also that chassis can be raced in several different classes with just a engine swap to move up or down in classes.
Do you have a sticky to that post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:07:23 pm »
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline BLWatkins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 03:48:55 am »
Well, there are many motors which are good for racing but Briggs and Stratton are most popular one. I am not any professional with lawn mowers and the motors as I get all of my lawn mowing done by the professional lawn mowing services North Shore. You can contact with some professional mowers regarding this.

anything