Author Topic: Polish American Picker  (Read 8652 times)

Offline Beautifully Abused

• View Profile
Polish American Picker
« on: May 04, 2016, 12:56:53 am »

It's taken over seven months to hoard this mess. Goal is to use as much of it as I can to build a racer. Maybe two if my Brother decides to participate. Really wanted to find an Allis Chalmers to build but none turned up that were in poor enough condition to desecrate. Have to go with the $60 Dynamark for now. The $20 Craftsman wasn't a bad score as it has a 31 cube non AVS single on it. Not much else though. Have another 31 cube non AVS single, two 46 cube opposed twins and two 42 cube opposed. One of the 46 cubers wears an oil filter. That one was $100 but I got to hear it run. Bought five transmissions and an 820 transaxle at scrap price. They aren't all in the pics. One 700 has the closed case and bearings. I find photobucket very frustrating but will try and post pics during the build as it progresses. Likely slowly. If nothing else I'll have some spares.
All the better any of us are ever going to be is to simply do the best we can. (not sure who said it but I agree)

Offline stvn_VA

• Gold Star
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Polish American Picker
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:09:45 am »
Nice 350 Peerless Gearboxes.   In my opinion you can't go wrong with those IF you race prep them first.   Looks like a good start.
Steven
Southern Thunder Racing
Abingdon, VA

There are three kinds of men;
 1.) The ones that learn by reading
 2.) The few who learn by observation
 3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
Re: Polish American Picker
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:15:35 pm »
Use the left search button (it works better than the right) and search the trans, there is good info on how to make it live.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!