Author Topic: New guy in Northern Ireland  (Read 1895 times)

Offline STUNTMAN JON

• View Profile
    • Wrenchlife YouTube
New guy in Northern Ireland
« on: March 01, 2016, 03:08:24 pm »
Can you hear me over there?! ;)

Hi all, names Jon, as the title suggests I'm in Northern Ireland, our wee country is at a pretty exciting time at the moment - this year will be the first year NI has had a lawnmower champs!

little bit about me i guess, I'm an engineer by profession and have been brought up around tractors and diggers my whole life, i love to make things and over the past year and a bit i have had the fortune to be able to make 2 little tractors - one a race mower - one a race tractor.

first heres the race mower - its called the thunder b' and yep its a days of thunder replica lol, originally built in 2 weeks for a challenge, it has since been reworked and is now readying for the start of the season!

second heres the race tractor - its called the little b', (think James Dean's Porsche speedster), and its a scratch built, tube framed, bike engined hooligan haha.  i built this just before the Northern Ireland mower racing was announced so it is not a race mower by any stretch, (hence race tractor), we have used it on a drag days and for blasting around the farm, it was done as an engineering exercise i guess, an open rule book...

I'm building a new project tractor currently and of course will be busy with the race mower once the racing starts, so i hope to pick your brains re a lot of this stuff, I've visited this site a fair bit over the last few years and I'm thankful for what tips hints i have picked up for sure, thought now i have a couple of mow chines of my own i can give a bit back too ;) Jon
"Keep the wheels spinnin and the beavers grinnin"

WrenchLife NI YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPl3BQlRPGfwSoCTLoHcAA

Little B' - dirt bike engined drag/drift tractor
Thunder B' - NI GROUP 4 race mower
Super B' - V twin rally raid tractor - IFS 4BAR REAR

anything