Author Topic: Lawnmower race track  (Read 3045 times)

Chaltom

Lawnmower race track
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:59:07 pm »
Hello my name is Chad and lots of guys that I know are all wanting to build mowers. I'm wanting to build a dirt track and needing dimensions for it. I'm very excited about doing this and think it will be fun for our small town. How long should it be, how wide of a turn and how wide of track? Thanks for all advice

Offline Bill Morrow

• View Profile
Re: Lawnmower race track
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:10:53 am »
Chad, I'll start this. How bout 175 foot straightaways with 65 feet between inside of straightaways. 25 ft wide straits. 35 foot wide corners.

Offline BoNewCo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • BoNewCo MotorSports
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:53:29 pm »
Contact the USLMRA at www.letsmow.com They have all the info that u need to get started.
Sac Valley Mower Racers on Facebook
www.bonewco.com

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 03:11:38 pm »
A WORD OF ADVICE, CONTACT YOUR INSUREANCE PERSON OR ONE OF THE SANCTIONING BODIES, USLRA, ARMA, OR SOTHERN OUTLAWS OR TALK TO ALL 3. PROTECT YOURSELF, NONE WANTS TO HEAR OR TALK ABOUT IT. EVEN IF YOU DON'T HOLD RACES, THINGS CAN GO WRONG FAST. I EVEN TALKED TO MY FAMILY LAWYER WHEN I HAD A MOTOCROSS TRACK ON 12 ACRES.
ENOUGH LEGAL STUFF, TALK TO ONE OF THE GROUPS HITCH (SOTHERN OUTLAWS), AND ARRON (AMRA) I'M NOT SURE WHO IN USLRA. THEY WILL GUIDE YOU ALONG!
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!