Author Topic: Newbie from east coast Canada.  (Read 3154 times)

Offline PEILTRC

• View Profile
Newbie from east coast Canada.
« on: January 03, 2016, 01:22:11 pm »
 Hi all, I'm from Price Edward Island. A tiny island on Canada's east coast. Some friends and I started a small "just for fun" mower racing club, and this will be our second year. Right now we have a few different classes, and some general build guidelines, nothing to strict,  just basic safety rules, and a few rules to keep everyone more or less even. This year we are adding a Super Modified class, which includes build engines etc. We're all pretty new to the internals of mower engines and the aftermarket parts needed, so I came here hoping for a bit of help in getting started.
 I think the biggest hurdle is going to be keeping a reasonable budget, as the US / Canada exchange is pretty brutal, so for every US Dollar a part is, with all the exchange, duty, shipping, tax etc, it's about $2 Canadian! and pretty much nothing is available up here unfortunately.

Hope to learn a bunch from you guys!

PEILTRC president  (est. 2014)

2021 PEILTRC FXT Champion

Offline Gui961

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • CTGQ
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:33:15 pm »
If you add a super mod class use the rules from the uslmra or amra this way if you want to travel your stuff will be legal pretty much anywhere..

I'm bulding a new mower for a customer and that exange rate is pretty bad... you can get parts from bricknell racing in ontario or karts works also in ontario . if you want to shop canadian . if you need chassis parts i make them i'm in Québec
Guillaume Mercier-Roy

Tech director CTGQ

Pro-Mod #16 powered by vanguard

CTGQ, 10+ years of mower racing in Quebec

Offline Jeff Digou (Pitguy)

• Turf Warrior
  • Jeff Digou
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie from east coast Canada.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 06:24:11 pm »
Glad i got most of my parts before the dollar took a turn   

Windsor Ontario Canada<br /
Jeff Digou

Offline PEILTRC

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 10:26:02 am »
I'm bulding a new mower for a customer and that exange rate is pretty bad... you can get parts from bricknell racing in ontario or karts works also in ontario . if you want to shop canadian . if you need chassis parts i make them i'm in Québec

Is there someone in Canada that sells aftermarket engine parts like flywheels, rods etc?
PEILTRC president  (est. 2014)

2021 PEILTRC FXT Champion

Offline Gui961

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • CTGQ
Re:
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 12:22:36 pm »
few years ago some people were ARC dealer. but it was cheaper to buy direct from ARC. since most dont keep stuff in stock
Guillaume Mercier-Roy

Tech director CTGQ

Pro-Mod #16 powered by vanguard

CTGQ, 10+ years of mower racing in Quebec

anything