Author Topic: Digitron vs mychron.  (Read 2628 times)

Offline chavez

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Digitron vs mychron.
« on: October 19, 2015, 11:13:45 pm »
For rpm recall, egt, cht, and speed, which is better/capable?  Have a mychron 4 now. Would like to track egt, speed, rpm per lap.
Travis Callaway

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Digitron vs mychron.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »
Digatron's DT-64 looks to be what you might be wanting, but I have no information other than what's online, www.digatronusa.com. Four temp ports (UP TO, whatever that means), and what, according to the user manual, shows 2 tach inputs (one used for shaft speed/MPH).

My big deal with Mychron is the need for expansion ports which can be costly. However, they have neat gadgetry to accessorize your instrument.

It would be great to find an article comparing the DT-64 and the Mychron4-2T. I do not see any info for GPS capability with the DT-64, nor Lambda "controller", just a fancy word for monitoring air/fuel ratio with a wide-band oxygen sensor. (BTW wide band O2 sensors are titanium-based and last a really long, long time.) Both of these items would be great for entertainment, but likely unnecessary for our needs. The SmartyCam would make a nice addition too, if lottery odds were in my favour.

Offline chavez

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 11:05:06 pm »
I had added a wide band o2 but as the saying goes, if you've time to look at the gauges, you aren't driving fast enough.  It was useful however when I was tuning on the carburetor initially.  Thanks for the input on the Digitron Jeff.
Travis Callaway

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 01:00:45 pm »
My butt dyno works fabulously.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

anything