Engine Help > Other Engines

19.5 hp opposed twin build

(1/4) > >>

austinandtina:
Hey guys just picked this motor up with a good frame for 20.00. I want to build it to run in my cp that currently has a hot tecumseh. Now this is new ground for me so any help whether advice tips or anything will be greatly appreciated. I was told there is a way to build the stock carb up and I'd like to do billet, crankshaft,rods, bore (to what size ?) Big cam and probably run a spacer in the heads for less compression and a little more static compression....I want this thing to be  a torque god

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

PJG56:

--- Quote from: austinandtina on October 12, 2015, 01:55:33 pm --- Big cam and probably run a spacer in the heads for less compression and a little more static compression....

--- End quote ---

What ???????

austinandtina:

--- Quote from: PJG56 on October 12, 2015, 06:40:08 pm ---What ???????

--- End quote ---
I was told these motors don't like high compression so by running a spacer on the heads it will increase the volume of space in the cylinders ...it kind of made sense to me but it doesn't at the same time.. I just need some good quality ideas for this build

Huffy044:
Don't run spacers, flow is what makes flatties run, when you make it flow properly you will loose compression, not a big deal.

austinandtina:
Okay bud I'm trying to get that motor started on the chasis it's on but I get no crank unless I jump the starter at the starter. Crossing the solenoid does nothing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version