Author Topic: New Dummy  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Beautifully Abused

• View Profile
New Dummy
« on: August 18, 2015, 05:19:40 am »
So a friend and I have decided we're going to race lawnmowers. Won't likely be this year as the two closest venues (we know of) are winding things up this month. Still a blast to watch till we're ready to run. This gives us time to collect more parts for proper builds. We wanna be safe and within the rules. Wins and trophies would be nice but most of all we just wanna have as much fun as legally allowed and feel like kids again once in a while as we muddle through the mainstream of life. We've got a Monkey Wards and a Dynamark along with a real turd of a ($20) Craftsman. We've also got two each of the Briggs opposed flatheads in the 42 and 46 inch flavors (not the big bore short stroke variety) and a Briggs 31 inch OHV that I can't recall how the dipstick tube enters ? Need to check on that so I'm not the dipstick. We realize the opposed flatheads are an underdog but our affection for the venerable Ford flatheads makes us suckers for them. We love DeSoto Firedomes too. I reckon we'll be collecting some more parts along the way. The transaxles currently in our machines appear to be F-N-R only Peerless in the Wards, Peerless 4 speed in the Dyna and a Spicer in the Crafty. Seem less than optimum to me ? I know where we can get a few of the Peerless 600 H pattern three speeds which appear sturdier. Our engines appear to fit in CP and FXS. If I understand right those classes allow for a chain driven live rear axle ? Guess we'll need to do a lot of reading on here before we ask a bunch of stupid questions we didn't realize had been previously answered. I am a Polock that grew up on a farm. Please be patient and understanding as you can. Thank you in advance for any help.   
All the better any of us are ever going to be is to simply do the best we can. (not sure who said it but I agree)

Offline berthyd

• Turf Warrior
  • Voted of the Island
    • View Profile
Re: New Dummy
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 11:09:22 am »
PM sent.

Bert
Gary Busey and Rick James both used to live in my shop. Redline stole them.

Offline EUBANK RACING

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:59:51 am »
welcome to a great sport, any of your chassis will be fine to build from, my suggestion would build a nice chassis and run gp class with some stock ohv engines and then as you get your chassis figured out you can be building your race engines
\"Micah\"

Offline Beautifully Abused

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 01:19:12 am »
I intended to be a newcomer last year. Right after I signed up here my Pops was diagnosed with leukemia. Had to put much of life on hold so as not to miss a moment while my Brother and I were there for him as best we could be. He was always there for us. Unfortunately he didn't overcome the sickness. No sadness but for selfish reasons. Instead I'm grateful to have been his son. Hard to lose my best friend and mentor. There is solace though in knowing he's in The Lords Kingdom. When my day comes we'll be together again. On those nice days when I feel the warmth of the sun on my skin I'll know he's out there smiling down on me. Every gift and every good thing comes down from above, from Our Father of lights. Pops taught me that. Please feel no pity fellas, just clearing up the hiatus. 
All the better any of us are ever going to be is to simply do the best we can. (not sure who said it but I agree)