Author Topic: 422707 surges intermintly a high load and need tuning help?  (Read 1342 times)

Offline bjr232012

• View Profile
I've cleaned/rebuilt the carb and diddled with the float level new fuel filter (the clear plastic kind), new air cleaner element, coil, plugs installed a TinyTac. I tried to get the float parallel to the surface of the top cover as per manual. I've went thru the governor linkage & springs adjustments and am now getting 3150 rpm's (before was 2300) under load It runs good except when I hit some bumps when mowing. I've removed the hood for the immediate future for the heating problems with subsequent coil failures, also. I wondering if the fuel level in the bowl is not enough and runs out when I'm hitting rough terrain. I'm also going to buy some more replacement fuel line 1/4" black rubber stuff with small worm drive clamps. I've read comments about fuel pump sucking air around loose connections. What's you guys experience with different fuel line/tubing materials? Is the Tygon okay to use or is the black rubber gas line better. One last comment. Man does this thing suck the gas at 3150 rpms when mowing, I was shocked at the fuel consumption, is this normal for a pretty stock grass mower? Is there different high speed springs to get a full 3400 rpms. I don't have the style of control levers that have multiple hole for the springs adjustments. A lot of tuning questions I know but, I'm mowing a 1/2 acre twice a week now in this heat wave here in good ol' PNW (E. WA.) and need all the performance I can get. :confused: thanks for any tuning help.  bjr

anything