Author Topic: BP's  (Read 14342 times)

Offline willenglish

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BP's
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 12:02:39 am »
The fix on bp's is simple. Get rid of that assinine seat height rule...let them run any seat..at 2"ride height. Keep the stock appearing motors. Keep the mower tires.Then you would have something with more than just a sembalance of control. Be so much more stable...and people wouldnt keep getting pitched off them. Especially on high grip tracks.
William L. English, jr.

Offline Bill Morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 11:30:49 pm »
I agree.  Too many unassisted flips in this class.

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 09:44:41 am »
You can take my 8" wheels from my cold dead fingers too.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 09:51:41 am »
The issues with the BP class and crashes have nothing to do with the mower.

It is the drivers. 
Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline Eatondirt

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 10:56:32 am »
The bp class is a unstable mower that has way too much power.  Which is why its always a good time.  You have to know what your machine is going to do when you riding on the edge.  If you don't you will find out that it won't do that.  Its not for every one I agree it takes some finesse.   Its a wild ride with no roll cage and seat belts but there is nothing like coming off the corner on one wheel with the front end hiked up in the air hauling for the next corner ...
Casey Eaton
Big Dog Mower Racing

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »

It is the drivers. 

Exactly... I drove in BP for a few years with great success, and most issues were normally the result of inexperienced drivers. I've had entire races wheel to wheel with people who know their machine and how to handle it, and never had an accident. I've seen governed classes have more wrecks and injuries than the prepared classes before..
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline crazycraftsman

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • owen
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 12:21:34 pm »
I agree with Paul . I've crashed 3 times in the last 5 years and all due to pushing the machine past my limit . If your worried about crashing, slow down and let me by. Lol
owen
Lawnmower Racing in B.C   Canada
WMWS points cup winner BP 2016
Wmws points cup winner CP 2017
Wmws points cup winner CP 2018

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 12:51:06 pm »

It is the drivers. 

DITTO
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline fx28

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 02:59:42 pm »
with the seat height rule implemented by the uslmra, I don't see the need to change much of anything. By previous rules my seat height was as low as it could go and still be legal. my height dropped 4.5" with the rule change and I feel a huge difference in handling and still trying to figure out how to make it better cause I know it is there. Spun out several times this year and thought to myself that it would have gone over before. I have run the class for several years and still and am still wanting to stand up to the challenge of a bp machine.
   Don't see the need to drop frame height or to go to 6" wheels. seat height accomplishes both things.... lower center of gravity.  Besides there are other classes that need to go before bp and I will not stir the pot on that ! It is one of the classes that made the mower racing as popular as it is today for the fans. They still look like mowers and have a cool sound when a group is racing and are fun to watch with the perceived ill handling.

Now to the person that thinks the numbers are dwindling in the bp class it might look that way regionally, but its still alive and well. I think that what you are seeing in some are monkey see monkey do and jumping to a different class like the super mods.  Are they easier to drive?????...... why yes of course they are. What most don't realize is with a centrifugal clutch  heals a multitude of handling sins over a tension belt clutch. My question and be truthful with yourselves, most that have gone to those classes have never driven an fx style mower with the cent. clutch.   Which also.....wait for it.............................. :woo: :woo:...is just like driving a go kart, which is what it is designed after.
            Check you local kart tracks out, up north here anyways and see how that is working out. The whole charm to racing lawn mowers is that you are taking something that you use for work and turn into something fast and fun. That is the appeal to venures that host races to have the mowers. 

I know there are many of you that would like to argue me on my talking points about safety this or handling that but please just think about how we got to where we are today with this sport and not ruin it like the karters have just to appeal to ourselves about what type of mower we are racing.   I say most of this light hearted so just do take it to hard.   By the way I bought a new Trick Kart chassis about 8 years ago that only has maybe 4 races on it.

Getting bored already this winter  :( :(

Chuck

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 04:27:21 pm »
Well said Chuck.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 04:33:08 pm »
WELL PUT CHUCK! I ALSO WANT THE CLASS TO LIVE AND BE ENJOYED! I DON'T WANT THE NUMBERS TO FALL. I JUST HAD A THOUGHT AND GOT GREAT RESPONSE. I HOPE THE POWERS TO BE READ IT AND MAKE GOOD CHOICES ON KEEPING THE CLASS.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 04:59:57 pm »
The numbers in BP started falling off the minute George Herrin said he was building a Supermod and retiring from the class.
Sorry folks, but he is the pied piper, and the mice followed him to Supermod. The mice, and a few rats too... heh heh.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"