Author Topic: Newbie from LA Wanting to Learn  (Read 1776 times)

Offline BlueShamu

• View Profile
Newbie from LA Wanting to Learn
« on: November 21, 2014, 04:03:46 pm »
Hello HeyMow from the Deep South!

Stumbled across this site by accident researching info for a Vanguard 36 HP. I don't do any mower racing...but, I see the potential to learn quite a bit from you guys regarding repairs, mods, troubleshooting and performance! There has to be some great crossover knowledge I can learn from the mower racing/pulling world into the world of "Mud Motors;" which is my interest!

Currently running a 36 HP Vanguard on a Prodrive brand mud motor. It's mostly a stock set up. It does have decked heads, ported/de-shrouded intakes, polished exhausts. Running Manley stainless valves and a BPS "Q" exhaust.

Most mud motor enthusiasts are seeing good gains with heads, cam, exhaust and Mikuni carb set-ups. Unfortunately, I have a horsepower restriction with "no mods" in one location where I use my mud motor. So, I am trying to get performance gains without being able to visually see it (like Mikuni carb) or hear it (like most performance exhausts).

I like thinking outside the box with this thing....probably too much. Currently playing with modifying intake manifold with the stock carb to see what I can get out of it. Also, thinking cam. 👍

From what little I have read on this site so far, I think I am going to be reading a lot more!

anything