Author Topic: Billet Cam Core for Vanguards  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Hitch

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernoutlaws.us
Billet Cam Core for Vanguards
« on: August 27, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »
Any interest in a billet cam core for the Vanguards? I'm talking fully adjustable gear and I can grind it to any specs or one of my grinds or any cam grinder will do it around a $100.00 or so. The cost is higher if we're talking a few but around 50 to 100 or more the price would go down because of cost of ordering material in larger amounts. That's why I need to know the interest in them. The main thing is to over come the initial start up cost. If only a few we're talking around the $300.00 mark for core alone with gear then you'll have to spend another $100.00 or so to get it ground. It seems high but the ones of you that have broken one even the ones with the pins in them the damage it can do, it can destroy an engine. I'm just throwing this out there because I don't know of anyone out there doing them now. Give me some feed back drivers & engine builders.
Carey Hulett aka Hitch
Engine builder,fabricator & shop owner
B&S and Harley Master Tech
2008 ARMA Sportsman National Champ
Owner of The Worlds Fastest 5hp Mower Documented @ The Texas Mile
Founder & President of (SOMA) Southern Outlaws Mower Association
Owner of Southern Outlaw Speedway
Remember this:
"It Ain't Braggin if ya can back it up"

Offline Gui961

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • CTGQ
Re:
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 06:47:13 pm »
I want one for sure.. for 2 year i been told lie and false promess for a billet cam and i was looking at making one myself  this winter
Guillaume Mercier-Roy

Tech director CTGQ

Pro-Mod #16 powered by vanguard

CTGQ, 10+ years of mower racing in Quebec

anything