Author Topic: Harbor Freight Predator Engines  (Read 11250 times)

Offline WeedWhacker

• View Profile
Harbor Freight Predator Engines
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:38:09 pm »
Well the Tecumseh died on the kids gokart....trash in the carb lead to gas in the oil which leads to my wallet getting thinner. Looking at the 6.5 Predators and i see Harbor Freight has 3 6.5s with different model numbers. I am looking at them online and will order them online and i dont see a difference between them. Which one to get? The engine will be ran bone stock on a kids gokart. Any help would be great in making a choice. Thanks!!
All i remember was dirt sky dirt sky dirt sky....ambulance :(                                                   Rob

Offline russell jennings

• Turf Warrior
  • like it says on my mini: ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Harbor Freight Predator Engines
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 05:51:53 pm »
get the one with the cast alum. valve cover. it is the newest design and has a hemi head. best bang for the buck!! they are all great motors for the price!!
Jersey Boyz Mower Racing
Garden State Racing Mower Assc.
#131 pro-x
#829 mini-pro
#44 mod-xr
#289 mini-pro

Offline Hondo_k19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 05:58:05 pm »
It may because the hemi version is newer but there is a lot of replacement parts for the olsder version. That motor is awesome, I built one, really cheap to build. Nothing bad to say about these motors, mine still starts on the first pull
Miguel "Hondo" Hernandez

Offline WeedWhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:48:29 pm »
Thanks guys. Upon further checking i missed the obvious....one is instore only which i think is the redesigned model and of the other 2 on is California approved. I fgure it has a leaner carb tune. Think ill go with the 69730 model. Any thoughts guys?
All i remember was dirt sky dirt sky dirt sky....ambulance :(                                                   Rob

Offline Hondo_k19

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 06:44:01 am »
Good little motors, can't beat $100 for the billet flywheel. But then again you did say you were going to run it stock. If you plan on doing that just buy the warranty and if anything happens exchange it.
Miguel "Hondo" Hernandez

Offline Scotfree1993

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 08:15:35 am »
 Cant go wrong for $99.  Put one on my nephews go kart last month.  I am 240lbs and got the kart to 30MPH with the stock motor.  Building a modified version now.  Parts are easy to find.