Author Topic: new to mower racing  (Read 5566 times)

Offline ldansjones

• View Profile
new to mower racing
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:58:51 am »
my son is getting into mower racing and we are trying to find out the best tires to run he has 6 inch wheels any suggestions.

Offline shaun86chevy

• View Profile
Re: new to mower racing
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »
Most of us use Carlyle turf masters. Or dirt go cart tires.  If you are running 6" wheels on all four corners I would suggest 13x6.50-6 on a 6x6 Douglas wheel.  If u want 6" wheels on the front and 8" wheels on the back go with 13x6.50-6 on 6x6 on the front and 16x6.50-8 on an 8x8 Douglas wheels. Go to eccarburetors.com they have all the hubs wheels and tires u need. Or go to millertire.com for.good prices on wheels.
You could also run those 13x6.50-6 tires on 6.5 or 7.25 inches wide wheels for a wider contact patch.

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:53:23 pm »
Carlisle Turf Savers are another popular tire. They are quite a bit cheaper than the Masters.
NOT turf saver II...just turf savers
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 05:35:42 pm »
Yes, Carlisle tires are the most popular tires.  However, I have been experimenting with Nanco tires on the front and Kenda Super Turf on the rear, and am having good success.  My chassis was always loose with he Turf Master tires, the Kenda Super Turf tires all but eliminated it.  Great side bite, and can run a lower pressure.