Author Topic: Newbie from Arkansas  (Read 3944 times)

Offline WeedWhacker

• View Profile
Newbie from Arkansas
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:38:29 pm »
Hello everyone! I would first like to thank everyone for this great site! I have popped in over the last few months to read and gather info...very informative. Though i will admit some of it is over my head  :bash:. I have a few basic questions to ask first and hope this is the place to put them, if not please excuse the mistake and direct to where i need to be. First question...what do yall mean by an Offy motor?? an offset twin cylinder maybe?? Also since i live in central Arkansas which association would be closest for me to become a part of? I tried to research it but came to dead sites and am still confused as i started  :confused:. All of them seem very far away for me. A link to it would be VERY appreciated. 
All i remember was dirt sky dirt sky dirt sky....ambulance :(                                                   Rob

Offline TNA

• View Profile
Re: Newbie from Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:41:34 pm »
Closest group to you is probably ARLMRA with home track in Bay. They have a Facebook page that will get you started. Welcome
MAD RACING
Terry Moss Driver 02T 2013 Rookie of The Year ARLMRA
Jim Drier Chief cook & bottle washer

Offline WeedWhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:27:44 pm »
Thanks TNA! I will look them up now.
All i remember was dirt sky dirt sky dirt sky....ambulance :(                                                   Rob

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 05:55:52 pm »
It is not an Offy,It is very far from that,it is a oppy,a two cylinder Briggs and Stratton that is a flat head sometimes used as an anchor,not to offend Rooster

Offline WeedWhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 06:22:44 pm »
HAHA! My bad  :bash: I seen Oppy but my brain said Offy....my car background taking over  :lol:

Offline Skeeter

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 10:34:47 am »
Where are you in central Arkansas. I am in Hope if it is not too far you could drive down to the Garage Mahal and check out some mowers. I am currently building a FXS. I have built every class from IMOW to B/P. I will help all I can. I have raced with ARLMRA they are a great bunch of folks.
Scott W. Bittle
#396 The "Mowlenium Falcon"
2007 LSMRA "Rookie of the Year"
2008 LSMRA "Driver of the Year"
2008 LSMRA S/P Champion
2008 LSMRA F/X Champion
2009 LSMRA C/P Champion
2010 LSMRA A/P Champion
2011 LSMRA IMOW Champion

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

Offline Jeff McKelroy

• Professor Ducky
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 10:50:48 am »
Where are you in central Arkansas. I am in Hope if it is not too far you could drive down to the Garage Mahal and check out some mowers. I am currently building a FXS. I have built every class from IMOW to B/P. I will help all I can. I have raced with ARLMRA they are a great bunch of folks.

Garage Mahal - Home of MTI Racing!!

anything