Author Topic: CH20 Twin Lifter's  (Read 3708 times)

Offline dropzone

• View Profile
CH20 Twin Lifter's
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:14:28 pm »
I have read here and a couple other places that Small block Chevy lifters will work in a Command Twin. If they will is there any thing special i need to do. What about the rocker arms will they also work? Also does any of you know the part number for the head studs, I want to swap out the head bolts and use studs instead.

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CH20 Twin Lifter's
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »
the studs are 27&30hp parts. Just look those numbers up on parts tree or just get the kits off ebay. The small chevy flat tappet lifters are a drop in. No work needed. The small chevy roller rockers require work to install. You can make a good amount of hp without roller rockers. I would run stock rockers with a flat tappet cam. If your running a roller cam then have the work done for the roller rocker install. If your running open rpm then use solid lifters with an edm oil hole in the bottom. You can get them from a lot of places but Zach kerber has the best prices. I would also run the adjustable valve train from a kohler courage rocker arm. That is used in the commands. Its the parts in the kit Midwest sells.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

anything