Author Topic: 20hp OPPY WIRING  (Read 2636 times)

Offline boomboom

• View Profile
20hp OPPY WIRING
« on: March 13, 2014, 05:29:40 pm »
Ok guys I have a question. I just got my hands on a 20hp Briggs oppy model:461707 0143E1. I have no idea if I have everything I need to wire this.   :bash: Im searching high and low for a wiring schematic for this thing. My last motor was a briggs 17hp intek so the twin is pretty different. Im looking for a schematic that can show me what I need to run it on my race mower. Minimal as possible of course! ANY help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
Its only cheating if you get caught!

Offline Racer57

• View Profile
Re: 20hp OPPY WIRING
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 10:24:27 pm »
Most minimal is to run a wire from the  small tab on the bottom side of the coil to one side of a simple auto motive on off switch( for example I like to use the switch that was for the head lights) then run a wire from the other side of the switch to a ground on the frame( I always bring the wire to the closest motor mount bolt that comes up thru the frame and put a ring terminal on the wire then slide the ring terminal over the bolt then I put a lock nut on the bolt over the ring terminal) this is all the wiring you really need
2013 NNYLMR Mod xr points champion

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 10:29:12 pm »
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline boomboom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:26:34 am »
Thanks! Yea my main concern was making sure I had everything electrical for the motor itself. I talked to a few people last night and was amazed at how minimal the electrical was on an oppy compared to a vtwin ( no regulator,  no rectifier etc). I want to say that this forum is the cream of the crop. I have gotten a ton of good info on here!
Its only cheating if you get caught!