Author Topic: Vanny Sleeves  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Mowchine09

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Vanny Sleeves
« on: February 15, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »
I thought I had read somewhere that EC has or does cylinder sleeves..  Is that true or am I loosing my mind?  (Which is very possible)
If so any ideas on price?
Thanks
Jason Powell #37  Super Sportsman / BP
\"Since I started mower racing I can sum up my financial status, my mower and my body in three words:  Broke, Broke and Broken..\"

2013 Voted Least Talented Driver (5th Award)

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanny Sleeves
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 01:48:51 pm »
I know they used to sleeve blocks. They had a machine down for a while and couldn't do but I would think they have it back up and running now. Price was about $100 per cylinder plus sleeve cost. It's not cheap but they always did a good job. George will have to give you exact pricing now.
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline Mowchine09

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Vanny Sleeves
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:56:54 pm »
Thanks Tyler..   That's a little too rich for me.  We use to just heat them up and knock them out.  Never tried on one of these motors though.   Was hoping they sold the sleeve to save me from having to machine them.
Jason Powell #37  Super Sportsman / BP
\"Since I started mower racing I can sum up my financial status, my mower and my body in three words:  Broke, Broke and Broken..\"

2013 Voted Least Talented Driver (5th Award)

anything