Author Topic: Single OHV Kohler ID  (Read 3441 times)

Offline darksider61

• View Profile
Single OHV Kohler ID
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:34:13 pm »
OK the other day after putting a local ad out for old riding mowers for a project I get a reply.So I go to check it out and the guy has 3 riders that he needs gone because the town is on his back.He wants all 3 gone so I load them on my poor Ranger Pickup and get them home and start looking to see if I have anything or just scrap.One is an old something with a Flat Head B&S the other is a Murry with a 14HP OHV and the last is an old Craftsman that someone painted black and it has from what I can find in pictures to be a Kohler OHV Command.The problem is ,is the blower housing was missing so I really have no way to know what it is.Is there any other way to find out what I have so I can figure out if it's worth building.I was told to take it apart and measure bore and stroke,is this the only way or is there maybe something stamped in the block?Sorry for the long story.

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: Single OHV Kohler ID
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:00:18 pm »
post a picture of the tin work and Ill do my best to help ya. Not the shroud that's missing as they are all the same. But Im more interested in seeing the sheet metal that goes on and wraps around the head. On an ohv Command single you basically have two motors. Same bore, different strokes.
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

anything