Author Topic: Hello from Saratoga NY area  (Read 3886 times)

Offline darksider61

• View Profile
Hello from Saratoga NY area
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:21:06 pm »
I was on here before but I guess it wasn't the right time for me to start in the Lawn Mower racing business.Things seem better now and hope it's the right time now as I'm not getting any younger,I think the ageing has sped up for me.Anyway I'm looking forward to this and I'm sure many of you will see my name asking questions I will be looking for any info I can get can never have to much.Not sure of what class as I have to find a place to race and see what they are running and the rules so my first question would be,does anyone know of a track within 1 to 1 1/2 hours of Saratoga,with gas prices the closer the better.Next would be suggestions on the best places to buy parts new ones and any local places if any that might sell used.

Offline Tim Toleson

• I been wrist slapped!!
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Saratoga NY area
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:13 pm »
Hello there. Im from just north of Syracuse. Welcome to Heymow. I have been out of the game for a couple year but I do want to get back in. If you plan on building your stuff, I can supply some stuff (I work for a sheet metal shop). PM me for more info. As far as tracks, we have one here. Not sactioned by USLMRA or ARMA. There are some people on here from your area too I think that can help you as well...

Good luck!
Thank you to Whitney\'s Garage (315) 675-8592, and Mountain Man\'s Famous Fudge  (315) 623-9598 for your support in the 2012 ARMA racing season!

2012 ARMA 3rd place North East Region - Mod-X
2012 ARMA 5th place Overall - Mod-X

Offline supermod

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://nelmro.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:10:35 pm »
CDLMRO face book
Brian Calabrese

Offline RFMotorsports

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 09:49:06 pm »
CDLMRO face book

Ditto! Darksider61, also a newb to the sport and the CDLMRO is where we are racing this year. I live in Schoharie, so not TOO far from you. The track is 5mins or so from my house in Esperance.
Luke Rakoske

CDLMRO
Rakoske Family Motorsports
33R Modified-Luke Rakoske (2014 Big Block Stock Class Champion, 2015 Modified Champion)
x59 Superstock-Steve Hickey (2015 Big Block Stock Class Champion)
Sponsors:
AMSOIL
Boca Bearing
All Brand Cleaners & Sewing Center LLC
Badmixie's Good Deal Outlet
Bandit Custom Cycles
Smith's Collision
Mike McGill Trucking Inc.
S&H Bicycle Store
J&T Enterprises
Papa's Fix-it Shop

Offline mowmanscott

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grasscarmowersports.com
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 01:15:36 pm »
Hello from Syracuse. I race with a small club. Tim you should get a hold of me I would like to talk to you.

Offline toolmantobey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 11:01:30 am »
Hello darksider61;
I am also looking to race a tractor for the first time this year, the age thing you mentioned, and live in the Saratoga area.  The only track in this area that races tractors is Capital District Lawn Mower Racing Organization their track is in Esperance at the Rt20 and Rt30 intersection behind the Hillside Traven. There are other kart tracks in the area that sometimes host tractors i.e.: Dodgecity in Howe cavern, Caroga Creek kart track, Turkey trot Glens Falls, there's one more I can't think of at the moment.
I repair small engines for a living and as such have built a small lawn tractor bone yard that I sell from and am always looking to buy more. If you would like to get together and help each other out let me know. I am still undecided as to what class tractor to build.
Brian