Author Topic: 40 wide  (Read 10679 times)

Offline fx28

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 40 wide
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 07:33:15 pm »
Just added 1" wider front rims, no worries about the rear. width on front is more important than rear.   Already have wide front rims? remove front axle, splice in 2" in the center and add longer tie rod tubes, not too hard to do!

On the fender mods I think they want to see is the seat area to be cut out and material added back in on the sides and welded back together to look like it was made that way. What they don't want to see is the fender cut out in the seat area and dropping the seat in the hole without filling it back in .  Very clear pictures in rule book on what they want to see, you just have to apply it to your application

Chuck Miller

Offline Egoracing

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 10:37:15 am »
I was tight just moving my rears out.  :bash:
Looking at your pictures and saw the old Mower, What size wheels and tires are you running? I am all new to mower racing and am getting ready to order some and like the stance that yours has. Thanks!! You can send me a PM if it is something you do not want to post.

Offline Jeff Digou (Pitguy)

• Turf Warrior
  • Jeff Digou
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »
13x6.5x6 on 6.5 wide rims.  Turf masters.   Rear were 16x7.5x8 turf savers on 7in wide rims.    Front steering had no ackerman.  Also the front tires were rubbing the front hood.    Will be running 16x7.5x8 turf masters on 8in wide rims for next year.

Windsor Ontario Canada<br /
Jeff Digou

Offline Egoracing

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 08:37:59 am »
13x6.5x6 on 6.5 wide rims.  Turf masters.   Rear were 16x7.5x8 turf savers on 7in wide rims.    Front steering had no ackerman.  Also the front tires were rubbing the front hood.    Will be running 16x7.5x8 turf masters on 8in wide rims for next year.
Thank you! I have someone that gave me a new set of 13x6.5x6 so that is great!