Author Topic: tracks  (Read 3015 times)

Offline yocum creek speedway

• View Profile
    • yocum creek speedway
tracks
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:03:31 pm »
I can't find any posts about differnt tracks and track owners. about how they run there tracks. so I would like to ask a question.
1. How do some of you guys organize your races. (ie. number of laps, special races, crowd involement) and maybe how your race event is advertised.

2. this one is for the racers. what do you like to do or seen done at a race event.

I have not been, or raced at a track that i did'nt run, or run like we run our track. I'm just curious about other tracks and maybe make our track better. 

thanks

Offline willenglish

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: tracks
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:52 pm »
I have found there is quite a variation in the way races are ran. Here in our area, most tracks draw for positions in a heat race, generally 10 laps or less. In the main you start where you finish in the heat.  Generally 20-25  laps....occasionally 30.  At our home track. Ellerbe N.C., during the intermission between heats and main events..there are activitys for the kids..bike races...foot races...something different weekly. Its very popular with the fans. We generally have quite a large crowd...as many as 3, 000 spectaters in the past. Some tracks qualify for starting positions...we had in the past too. The fans prefered the heat races. We also found qualifying quite time consuming...even by transponder. Hope this helps a little.
William L. English, jr.

Offline yocum creek speedway

• View Profile
    • yocum creek speedway
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 10:11:13 pm »
Thanks William for your post. may try some of those ideas next year.

Offline justin case

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:06:03 pm »
MR Mowbility
Mowbility Racing
E-mail  goodners1988@att.net
http://svspeedway.smfforfree4.com/index.php
SCLMRA guru

Offline LC

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Central Iowa Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:31:34 pm »
We draw for starting position in 1st heat, lowest number goes to poll. Then we invert the draw for a second heat, usually 10 laps each. Then take the total finish and the low number goes to the poll, ties are broken by lowest draw for the 1st heat, 12 to 20 laps depending on class, mower count, weather and so on.. I've never heard a complaint from a driver or a fan, everyone gets to get on the track 4 times (hot laps).
L Curt Hodges
CILMRA #32
http://www.cilmra.com