Author Topic: gx 200  (Read 14353 times)

Offline russell jennings

• Turf Warrior
  • like it says on my mini: ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE!!
    • View Profile
Re: gx 200
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 01:44:20 am »
i thought we went over this on facebook.......rules say 196cc clone or honda gx200. the over bore rule is getting changed this year. i belive its going to a stock bore size rule. a new block is 30 bucks.....why mess with getting it bored at that price! you will never notice a power defferance with a 30 over bore anyway.a max stroke crank give you a better "in the hole" mesurement,which doesn't change the cc's.
Jersey Boyz Mower Racing
Garden State Racing Mower Assc.
#131 pro-x
#829 mini-pro
#44 mod-xr
#289 mini-pro

Offline TomL

• Mr. Modest
  • Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 08:37:08 am »
Yes the rule is 196cc. Using either the "clone" or the GX200 Honda. The Clone is a copy of the Honda hence the term "clone".

The 212 is not quite the same, close but there are differences.

A major difference is the size (cc). a 212 is a little more than 8% larger than the 196. That's a lot.

We are changing the bore rule to NO over bore. This will help keep costs down. Like Russ stated buy a new block for 30 bucks.

All mods allowed are bolt on, no machining except carb (must appear stock) and porting (just cleaning up the intake on the short side radius is enough).

That's it. We don't need we don't need another money spending class. Buying everything new should get you into MiniPro for a thousand bucks or less. You can buy a race ready motor for less than a flywheel for a typical mower build.

Tom
Tom Lavalette
Ask me about the PA MiniPro Racing Mowers
toms580@yahoo.com
Columbia, PA

Offline russell jennings

• Turf Warrior
  • like it says on my mini: ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 01:24:29 pm »
thats all folks!! real simple!!
Jersey Boyz Mower Racing
Garden State Racing Mower Assc.
#131 pro-x
#829 mini-pro
#44 mod-xr
#289 mini-pro

anything