Author Topic: Rod and Piston Question  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Mowerstompin

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Rod and Piston Question
« on: November 12, 2013, 01:14:47 pm »
Ive been looking at midwest and theres two diamond pistons. 3.425 with 1.142 pin location that used stock rod. I have no idea what stock rod length is. Other is 3.425 with a 0.750 pin location. So what rod would I use? Ive been thinking about using a 87mm je piston but once again no clue what rod to use. Anyone know some piston/rod combos? Anyone used a je piston?

I want a longer stroke rod with a shorter piston.

Any help would be awesome, winters coming and the time to break down the 15 kohler single and build it will begin.

Anyways, thanks!
Cody
Cody Whisenhunt #83

Offline valleeracing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rod and Piston Question
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:34:37 pm »
Run the long rod with short 750 piston, just call midwest they will set you up same combo i am running
Brent

4 feature wins 2011
5 heat wins 2011

Offline Mowerstompin

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 02:46:16 pm »
Alrighty, I'll see what I can do. Whats stock rod length by the way?
Cody Whisenhunt #83

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 11:07:46 am »
The cv460 and the cv490-493 have different strokes, and mwsc makes rods for both of the cranks. Get the long rod/piston combo that matches your engines crank. You will want a cv490-493 block and crank to get the maximum CI. The cv460 blocks have a shorter jug length so you can't just put in the longer stroke crank.
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline Mowerstompin

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 12:09:36 am »
Heres another question. Does midwest have different valves for the single commands, or is there a place I could get stainless steel valves from in place of these stock ones?

Thanks!
Cody Whisenhunt #83

anything